Girls, Ladies, do you want to be stay-at-home moms? More questions in the description?

Do you feel like women are pressured to be stay-at-homes?
Do you think women are judged for having careers and children? Or for choosing not to have children at all?
Are women expected to be maternal?

• I want to be a stay at home mom.
    15% (5)
  • I want to work.
    47% (16)
  • I want to work and have my SO/a nanny/a relative stay home with my kids.
    18% (6)
  • I don't want kids.
    15% (5)
  • Results
    5% (2)
And you are? I'm a GirlGuys can not vote on this poll

17

Most Helpful Girl

• Women are judged for so much it's ridiculous. Decide to stay at home? Be prepared to be called lazy and have people criticize them. Or if you are a working mom, then be prepared for people to say that you are selfish and don't love your kids as much because other people are raising them.

It's really a no-win. Someone is always going to have something negative to say. One thing I learned from having friends who are mom's is that people constantly judge you for everything. If your kid has a stain on their shirt, you're a bad mom bc you are not cleaning their clothes (even if they just made the mess!). People say other's are a bad mom if their child is having a tantrum. Tantrums happen, kids have a hard time explaining and expressing their emotions at a young age.

I think there is a lot of pressure put on women in general. And it just multiplies after having kids. Sure there is pressure for moms to stay at home. Because they can watch their kids grow and develop. But unfortunately in my country it's hard to live on just one income. Most couples, both people have to work just to survive.

What Girls Said 16

• I don't want kids and if I had any I wouldn't be a stay at home mom. Wouldn't be able to stay sane if I was

• I don't think I can be a stay at home mom. I want to have my career and I'm very independent as it is so it wouldn't feel right to me. I agree with @Darkfairie17 either way we're gonna be judged whether we want to be stay at home moms or career women. I'm judged for not thinking of kids and for not having any. All the women in my family (mom, grandma, aunt, cousins) have had children at very young ages and I've beat the norm for them at age 23 and 0 kids. Yeah I get pressured, yeah they annoy me when they make snarly remarks but o still won't have kids (at least not in my plans anyway).

• I don't want to be a stay at home mom, I think I'd have to be independent and realistic. I can't cut myself off from the world thinking I'll be with my future husband forever or my kids will be all I'll ever need because it's not true. I don't even think I'd want kids all that much, at least not right now.

• In this age I feel like the judgement is switched around. I WANT to be a stay at home mother, but in today's society there is a lot of pressure to prefer to work. And if you admit to wanting to stay at home and raise your children as a wife and mother, you get called "sexist" and people get on this gender role train and all that.

• i want to work. Didn't go to school just to stay at home. Sounds harsh i know but that's my mentality. But i would want someone to look after my kiddos while im gone

• I want to be a stay at home mom.
    No, they are preasure to have kids and have a succeful career in the smae time.
    Not at all cause it's the norm.
    People don't believe you when you said you don't want kids, they always said "it's cause your young"
    Yes, it shock people when you don't know how to take care of a child (even if your just 15)

• I would absolutely die being a stay at home mom. That's just me though, no offense to stay at home moms!!. I have to have my career and I love what I do. I adore and love my kids to death but I need adult interaction or I'll go crazy.

• The results are shocking! I want to increase my earning power to be able to send my kids to boarding school. I like kids, but unfortunately cannot handle looking after them for more than a couple of hours at a time. Currently considering not having kids at all

• I could never be a stay at home mom. I love kids but I couldn't be with them every minute of everyday plus cleaning and cooking. 😅 I want to be a Lawyer and make good money to support my future family.

• I absolutely do not want children and when people find out that I don't they always treat me like I'm crazy.

• There's nothing wrong with not wanting children, some people don't understand that.

• I know! After arguing about it they always say something like "you'll make up your mind anyways", "you'll want kid when you're older" or "when you'll get a partner you'll change your mind". It's really annoying, not everyone wants to have children, what's the big deal?

• What bothers me is that they only seem to do that with women.

• I stayed home with my children... I don't regret it for a second.

• Right now I can't see myself not working. When I get to the point were a kid/kids are on the way that might change

• They r pressured

• One person can't really stay at home nowadays. One income isn't enough unless your SO makes bank

• you can work AND be a mother you know

but anyways, its not really a good idea these days... times have changed
    over time you'll turn into "my fat ugly wife who is as significant as the sofa... do i love her? yea she cooks and cleans" and he'll be more impressed by women who go out and do things, expand their minds and achieve things... so yea.
    if it were another time , maybe... but this time and age? nope
    and besides, you really spent ALL that time in school and college just to throw it all away like that?

• I work 3 days a week so I'd like to keep my job but still stay home with the children my off days. Id love to devote all my spare time to my husband and children