What is your opinion on life after death?

Probably the biggest and most reoccurring question throughout the history of mankind is whether or not there is more. I have heard my fair share of opinions on this topic, ranging from "There is heaven but you will have to pass the judgement of God to enter through the gates or otherwise burn in hell for eternity" to "There is nothing; you just don't exist." Nevertheless, my onslaught for answers is still not over. That being said, what is your opinion?

Most Helpful Guy

• Well it's a contradictory phrase y'know, because the definition of "death" is the end of life. Life after life?

It's semantics, a lot of commonly used phrases bug me like that. So, y'know being a ridiculously logical person I consider it more as existence after life. I hugely hope there is as my biggest fear ever is nothing. Nothing is my biggest fear. Not "no fear", y'know not "I fear nothing" but, nothing is what my biggest fear is.

.. I actually think it would be really cool to die.. if it wasn't so permanent. When I was a kid I wanted to be a soldier and die in war just like the guys in the movies, until I learnt what death really was. It was the heroically sacrificing myself that I was drawn to and I was 3 years old just watching war movies on tv, my age is relevant as the theory of reincarnation stipulates that up until about 5 children still have some kind of recollection and connection to past lives.. in which case maybe my obsession for dying heroically in WWII was because my soul did just that; that is, if reincarnation is real. Me I'm the man in the middle, I'm open minded so I have no firm belief.

I mean, with reincarnation, it disturbs me because okay it's not my biggest fear however the thought of the previous life being entirely forgotten, essentially rendered meaningless to the individual whose life that was, the main character in that life, y'know that is a bleak thought to me. Seems so pointless. Recollection of past lives forever would be the bomb. Imagine if we could watch ourselves portrayed in a WWII movie and know that was us before, we could have conversations about what we learned in our previous lives, the things we did.. then again people would be judged if they told people they were in a lynch mob or were a serial killer in a previous life, and would be in turmoil if they didn't tell anyone. So maybe that wouldn't be so cool, y'know if reincarnation is real then it does make sense to not recollect.

Existence after life.. I read an article about a year ago that claimed proof of some kind of existence after life had been found. People who had near death experiences have offered conflicting statements, some saying it was like being asleep and then they woke up when they came back alive which epitomises my biggest fear of nothing, but others saying they saw things or had out of body experiences. Well that has before now been scientifically explained as a chemical reaction.

• That's kind of like me; I am excited to die because I want to see what happens. Of course I am in no rush, but when the time comes, it comes. I've of course considered the "logical" death in which you just don't exist anymore, but after all of the things I have experienced in my life so far, to me that option is no longer logical.

• I'm honoured, and so much competition too :)

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't believe in real life after death (nor a spiritual one). But every part of your body has eternal life. Your atoms and elementary particles are re-used by nature to create something else, alive or not alive. So you can think of a kind of reincarnation but not in one single item, but spread over many.

What Guys Said 25

• My opinion is "Exactly who figured out that there was life after death, when you can only know after you die?" My follow up opinion is, "If someone died and came back to life, then how do they know that they experienced life after death, or just the DMT chemical release that often exists when a human is on death's door?"

While energy cannot be created or destroyed, that leads to the question "Well, where does that energy go when you die?" The most rational conclusion would be "It disperses and gets reused elsewhere." Your body decomposes in the soil, is eaten up by the Earth, and then is used to feed bugs and plants and shit; or floats in the vastness of space or whatever else. But how exactly would ones conscious mind retain itself after that? I highly, highly, highly doubt that it would.

And, as you said, this idea of life after death is so old, that cavemen believed it. It seems very reasonable that primitive people--out of emotional suffering after experiencing loss--would say "Don't worry. It's okay. You don't have to feel bad, because that person still exists. And they exist in a much more wonderful place." The only reason someone would say that would be to spare someone pain. Then everyone starts to believe it, because it *feels good* to believe. "Oh. I *DON'T* have to fear dying, because I will still exist.

Humans believe something is true because they *want* it to be true; or, because they are *afraid* it is true.

Ultimately, however, it's a meaningless question. You could come up with millions of possibilities. It's worthless to think about. There is no evidence transcending death. You will find out when you die. Or, if death is nothingness, you will never find out. Worthless to think about.

• You and I are on separate sides of the same coin.

• I agree with what you have said, but I do not believe thinking about things like this is meaningless. Although there may be no ultimate solution, really contemplating things can help you recognize your own opinions and overall develop more as a person. At least that is the situation for someone of my age.

• Ah, yeah. I suppose that makes sense.

• My first reaction was that: I am going to heaven. But I hope that my room in heaven is a 5-star, VIP one that looks like this

static6.businessinsider.com/.../...on-mortgage.jpg
    www.theinternationalman.com/.../palace-suite.jpg
    i0.wp.com/.../Regis-Saadiyat-matador-seo-2.jpg

• Jesus Comforts the Disciples
      John 14
      1 Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God;a believe in Me as well. 2In My Father’s house are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you? 3And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and welcome you into My presence, so that you also may be where I am. 4You know the way to the place where I am going.”b

• Fear God Alone
      (Matthew 10:26-31)
      4I tell you, My friends, do not be afraid of those who kill the body and after that can do no more. 5But I will show you whom you should fear: Fear the One who, after you have been killed, has power to throw you into hell. Yes, I tell you, fear Him!

6Are not five sparrows sold for two pennies? a Yet not one of them is forgotten by God. 7And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. So do not be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.

• My personal belief is that you go to heaven. An incredible pastor down in Texas wrote a book called Imagine Heaven. A book that has changed a lot of people's lives about the after life and given even myself a full new outlook on death as a whole.

The book discusses interviews, and discussions with people of all religions, non-religious, and race about their near death experience. This near death experience isn't about those who were in the ER for a week due to an accident, but for those who actually had been labeled as dead and were resuscitated. Amazingly, almost everyone came back stating they saw the same thing. Even a man who was a devout atheist. Came to God as the thing's he saw during his 5 minutes of being declared dead. Was something that he himself couldn't overlook.

People are welcome to their own beliefs, but after reading the book and listening to people who had been interviewed speak publicly about such experiences. It really does start raising questions for people of all different faiths, and ideals.

• There is no shred of an evidence, not even some kind of indication that life might continue after death. Hence, while it cannot be completely excluded, it is extreeeeemely unlikely that there will be anything after we die.
    Most likely, "after death" will be just the same as "before birth".

• I don't think there is one and the notion of it completely scares me. I once had a dream where I was passing away. And the moment I died, my brain apparently couldn't even comprehend the notion of non-existence. So much so that I woke up breathing heavily. The very idea of... nothing... is fucking scary. I don't know how I'm going to handle death whenever it comes.

• Death is nothing.
      The mental anticipation of it exists, and is the only problem.

• Let's all be sincere.

We are living beings. Life is the very converse of death, living beings are the very contrary of "dead" matter.

We are made to like what is alike us, and refrain from what is diverse and opposes our instincts and comfort. Death is the maximum opposition. It has to be what frightens and pians us the most.

But then, we can find ways to develop some acceptance of it. For example: think that being immortal would make us curse the impossibility to die (Borges wrote about this. Nietzsche did).

Less mindful people are lucky, in that they think of discomforting prospects (and that above them all) much less.

After all, Man died the first time when he first realized there was death. A mishap which happened only to him, of all animals.

Let's learn to nurse and cheer the reasons to smile we can still have. There are some.

• @xxxddd I think you are certainly right but I think there's also a difference between dying and death itself. Maybe it is the action of dying that scares us most as living beings. It certainly scares me. Will I die in my sleep or will I die a long and painful death? That makes a big difference and it's scary to think about (for me). Death itself is much more bearable in comparison...

• Life is a dream dreamt by God that's why he's everywhere at all times. When you go to sleep and dream nothing else exists beyond your awareness and you who's playing the dream character in the dream is no different than the character you're playing in this reality. Both characters are ignorant.
    The way we see our dream characters in the dream is how God sees us in this dream however I imagine it being more precise and accurate.
    There's a reason for Hell. Hell is there so the wicked people who break God's commandments go to Hell and burn and tormented in his prison so they do not get to go to another God's dream when they wake up (die) from this one.

What's the afterlife? Revival, back to this life to face judgment. If there wasn't judgment wr'd probably wake up (born) into another peron's dream.

• That’s an interesting take on this question that I haven’t heard before. I’ve thought about something similar to that, but never really considered it as a plausible answer. Thanks for the input.

• I'll write you letter as soon as I meet ol' Lucifer

• Life goes on after you die.
    Unless you were the last living organism in the universe, then it doesn't.

• It does not exist

• Death is the body ceasing to function, and our energy seeking a new vessel.

• Death isn't an end but rather a beginning.

• You just don't exist

• Well people claimed to have seen the afterlife when they've died and come back, but I don't believe any of it. They are in the hospital and being pumped with a lot of drugs.

• Here is death after life. But no life after death.

• It's probably pure darkness. Silent. No feeling and no hearing.

I fear it a lot. But I can live with it.

• Life/Death are the same thing

• Thats so shitty to think that we won't be exist anymore if we die , of course we will be judged and good people will go to heaven and bad , atheists will go to hell.

• Not in a big hurry to find out...

• did you real the bible, the quran and the atheism theory? and the other religions and concepts about that topic
    you shouldn't rely on people opinions about them, read them yourself

• I am not asking people for their opinions so they can affect mine. I am merely a curious person who wants to know how and what other people think. I guess that’s rare.

• i didn't try to affect yours i just told you read all the theories yourself
      i think who doest respect god as the only creator will go to hell

• death is not the end. its just transformation,,, the same soul but in different way
      non materialistic ,,, atheists hate the non materialistic idea, they believe in science although science can't know what is atom what is universe, what is love
      after that transformation, every one would go where they deserve
      the 1st thing is respecting god
      then humanity

• There obviously is because humans are the only ones able to fathom there existence so it wouldn't make sense that we are not immortal

• if you make kids you live further through them.

• I do believe in heaven and hell. I strongly believe in reincarnation.

• for my religion, there is a last judgement and settlement day that determine If you will go to heaven or hell.

• I'm a Christian so that should sum up my believes on an afterlife.

• Death is an illusion.
    And every moment is timeless.

What Girls Said 12

• It is a philosophic question, and like all philosophic quesions, there isn't an answer. It depends on one's religious views and personal thoughts. Since I have not had or seen any proof so I do not believe.

I believe in Biology not religion. I believe in facts, not assumption. There are currently no proof that life after death could be even possible.

• The soul energy leaves the body, given a few days to decide to elevate to next realm for their life review or choose to be a bull headed ghost wandering around aimlessly attached and earth bound, not being able to let go of the physical realm (unfinished business)

There is usually spirit guide ( loved ones ) to help them move on though

• Mind you, they do have freewill but it depends how far, that individual can perceive. If they perceive hell and be damned for , they will create their own personal hell.

• I don't entirely believe the whole heaven/hell thing. I believe you get another life after death, if you haven't done much bad things. You'd get better luck in the next life. And if you were horrible, you'd get bad karma and you'd have to pay for what you had done. But I believe after that, you go to hell/heaven.

• There is life after death = okay... another adventure :P
    There isn't life after death = finally... an end!!!

Tbh, I don't know.
    I believe in dimensions, not heaven or hell.

• What I want is there to be my own paradise. A movie theater where I can watch other people's lives. Everyone looks like the best version of themselves. A utopia.

What I expect is nothing. Absolute nothingness. Maybe the Abrahamic hell and heaven but I'd prefer nothing over that.

• It’s impossible for me to comprehend nothingness, just as it is for every other human being. How have you come to accept that as your answer? Is it like accepting that the universe is infinite or is it different?

• Similar to how neither of us remember anything before 1999, we just didn't exist. That nothingness gives me comfort since it's the most comfortable afterlife I can think of. Like sleeping but eternal.

• No one knows. I think there's nothing after death. Just death and hop you feel nothing and you are nothing.

• Like it was before you were conceived. Just nothing, and you won't be able to experience anything. You will no longer exist.

• The optimistic part of me believes in reincarnation. The realistic part of me thinks that it's probably nothing more than eternal nothingness.

• www.girlsaskguys.com/.../a28579-life-death-why-it-all-matters

Here's my whole MyTake on the subject😊

• I believe we're reincarnated over and over again until we learn whatever lessons we were sent here to learn. Then, we spend the rest of eternity in Summerland (or heaven, or paradise, or whatever name you have for it).

• Even tho im a christian i have doubts about the life after death thing

• There is no life after death, unless the person magically comes back to life after dying.