Do you ever write down your contacts' numbers on paper?

Like, just in case you lose your phone or it's stolen. Do you ever have a separate list of all your contacts' numbers on paper as back-up? We're also used to just plugging them into our phones, but I started writing them down just in case.

Most Helpful Guy

• I do it the old fashioned way, I memorize them😂😂

What Girls Said 13

• Yes I do. I remember the time I updated my phone. And the next thing I knew I turned it on and all my contact were gone 😱😨 I was panicking. And from then on I learned my lesson. Technology isn't always that trustworthy. So I always have a backup contact list that I wrote on paper!! Yay no stress.

• Used to but I also have all the important numbers memorized. Plus I back up all my contacts to my computer email and phone account

• I used to for a long time, I didn't get my first cell phone until my 18th birthday and it was because I bought it for myself lol. Since then I haven't written the numbers down because the numbers that are most important I've remembered.

• Yes, I have always written them down. Still have a phone book but I really don't rely on my phone. Refuse to even get internet on there or get a phone with out buttons... weird I know, but yes I still write all my stuff down like a 70 yearold-lol.

• Not my personal ones, but the contact information for my student's parents are in a notebook.

• I did once... then lost the damn paper xc

• No, never even thought pf doing that. It's a good idea though.

• Nope. I'll worry about it if it ever happens. XD

• No, because unlike a lot of people I understand how to use my phone and they are all automatically saved online when I add them. Saves adding them manually when you upgrade too.

• No... I'll lose that paper before I'll lose my phone.

• I can't say I do.

• No I panic and cry and curse if i accidentally loose my phone contacts. But I will never learn

• No, I don't care if I lose my contacts.

What Guys Said 16

• With some cell phone providers, you can back up your contacts online. Having more than one type of backup is a good idea.

• Yeah I do have one down. I remember my siblings cuz and parents cuz we purposely made the digits exactly the same except the last digit.

• nope, i dont have a phone. I got rid of it years ago and im so much happier without it.

if people want to speak to me, they can do it the old fashioned way and knock on the door.

• I don't own a cellphone.

I have a address book where I keep the majority of my numbers. Other then that I use the lost art of memory for the common ones.

• I only ever text or call 2 people so I just remember it.

• I've got them in a word doc on my flash drive that has all my important things on it.

• Yes.

• On paper is actually the *only* place where I have a list.

The problem with "contacts" in the phone, is that when a message pops up in notifications, you can't tell which number it was sent from (if a contact contains more than one number -- which most of mine do).
      This is annoying -- if a notification pops up on the phone and I'm messaging from another platform, I don't want to have to unlock the phone and go into messages (and lose the other notifications, lol).

So, I have zero contacts in my phone, and I just rely on seeing the numbers pop up (and I rely on my visual memory for numbers, which is pretty good).

If I forget anyone's number, I can just scroll until I find messages from them. Or I can look at the paper.

• @bcromartie sry didn't mean to post in yr opinion.

• That's too much of writing lol I don't even write my homework baha

• It's saved on my Google account. Do you even cloud storage grandpa?

• What? No, I have all the contact files backed up in VCF format in my Dropbox folder

• Nope

• people just save it on their phones now

• No I kept it on my phone

• I save it to my email then download them back when j vet a new phone

• Nope only when I was young once a girl wrote on my arm tho

• My contacts are stored online, I don't need to.