How many of you Americans are aware, that the “Burger and fries” thing, is German and Belgian respectively?

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes Hamburg. The Americans like to claim credit for everything like Whiskey.

What Girls Said 4

• I'm not American and I wasn't aware of this.
    Thanks for sharing it.

• Belgium has chocolate... all else is irrelevant.

• lol who cares
    U wanna take credit for heart disease and obesity? Lmao

• A typical American girl here. TYPICAL.

• Which is why I laughed and asked why you want the credit for obesity and heart disease.

• Lol op
      Go eat a burger and enjoy high cholesterol

• I did but that's because my ancestors are from Hamburg, Germany.

What Guys Said 6

• lol no its not. if you order a burger in the US they ask you 'you want fries with that?' in Belgium they ask you, you want a burger with these fries?

images.duckduckgo.com/.../

this is how we eat fries.

• With mayo yeah. That's how I eat them as well.

• I buy Belgian fries from a store. They are the best. You know how to eat fries. Haha.

• yeah thats true lol.

• Just saying it's debatable that hamburgers came from Germany. It's actually widely agreed that hamburgers were invented in America by a GERMAN, but still is an American thing because it was inspired by a sandwich.

• Not entirely correct. Hamburgers developed on the habour and ships from Hamburg to America. People didn't have much and ended up putting the meat into buns and figured it tasted pretty decent. The rest gone from there.

• Yeah I get you.

• @bobbyxx First of all, many things are invented by people in America. It's not like I invented it. I'm sure there are many things about your country that are hatable.

Essentially: The entire sandwich was changed and it was created by a German who had moved to America.

@Asker If you wanna talk like that, we're all from Africa, dude.

• There is actually some debate whether french fries are belgian or french as jefferson had 'potatoes in the french style'

• I did not know this. This will change my life.

• dunno, i don't care.

• None of us apparently but the fries could be French , lol

• Fries are Belgian not French. I don't know why they are called "French Fries" though, but it's definitely false.

• I know but they do speak French in Belgium so who knows how it became that