How did you deal/cope with bullying?

If you still unfortunately deal with bullying what do you do? Did ever think you wouldn't be able to survive with all the hate? What were you bullied for? I ask because currently I'm in highschool and have a year left, and I honestly don't think I can do it, I think I could use some help from other people to see how they dealt with it.

Most Helpful Guy

• I was bullied for being dark-skinned which didn't help when my brother and sister were white. As I grew up I developed a very quick wit until high school... then I started working out. So, my brains helped when I was younger, having a quick response, usually very sarcastic but funny, and then my size in high school... it gave me an opportunity to retaliate intellectually or physically, depending on the threat. I don't know if that helps at all, but that's how I dealt with it...

• Yeah I'm bullied for the same reason, so I should just focus on school and push through it?

• I know it sounds easy for me to say it... but in the end, unless they are physically abusing you, it's words and the effect that words have on you is only to the extent that you let them. I found out years down the track that they were ignorant (they didn't know any better as most people in my school were white Caucasian), they were uneducated (they were repeating a lot of what was told by peers or parents without really knowing why), or they were envious (believe it or not, they can't have your skin colour so they make you feel inferior for having what they can't)... I hope that helps...

• Thanks for mho...

Most Helpful Girl

• The first and last time someone tried to bully me, I kicked her ass. I don’t condone violence, but there’s something about a punch to the mouth and a dragging across the floor by the hair that will make a bully get their act right. Bullying has never been an issue for me because I’ve always been very extroverted and feisty. But if this does not come naturally to you or if you’re up against so many bullies with no support system of friends who will have your back, then you need to focus on self-preservation. I’d recommend transferring schools so that you can have an enjoyable last year of high school.

What Guys Said 7

• Bullied or teased for having gray only in the front while rest was all dark brown. Started in 9th grade I think. It was hurtful but I tried creating jokes out if it to hide the pain. I would say things like "I'm getting old" or "I must be under a lot of stress" in a funny tone. Felt a little better that way. Outside of that I was taking martial arts which helped me get some of my anger and pain out. Fighting and being active is a great way to release all that bad stuff.

• I cried everyday after school to let the emotions out. I used to self harm but I stopped that.
    I wrote my feelings in a journal.
    I used to break objects that I had no use for.

• Well it's good you stopped, why were people so mean to you and did it stop eventually?

• Bullying stopped when finals stopped lol.
      I don't know why. I think it's because I look 'awkward' to them.

• I just stayed away. And bullying doesn't stop in high school, I got bullied in college by frat guys. And in the workplace, since the bully was someone who was close to the boss.

• So the bullying never ends?

• Nope, it never does. And nowadays, bullies have become a lot smarter and do passive aggressive shit like pretending to be friendly, playing victim, etc.

• When I was in third grade I remember some fat kid name David pushing me out of the line into the sand on the walk to lunch to cut me. I guess he really liked food, because I punched him repeatedly for that miscalculation. I also remember some kid name Justin smacking me in the back of the head after lunch in 5th grade and then running. I chased him down and slammed his face into a brick wall right in front of the teacher. I dealt with bullying directly. If you touch me, I touch back...

• I was the bully so.

• Why did you bully people? Were you ever bullied at home so you did it to people at school?

• No I got everything I wanted and all the love I wanted for my friends.

U loved the rush of it when I was younger I was more so a behind the scene bully. not a direct punch you

• I loved the rush

• just go along with it

• What does that mean? Like laugh it off?

• i was bullied a couple of years ago for being beaten up by a girl. She was older than me but for a year all the girls never let me forget. if you want to talk let me know okay?

• Oh okay. I can measage you if you don't want to say it here.

• Are you there?

• Oh okay

What Girls Said 4

• I basically just ignored it. Looking back now, I wish I had stood up for myself more but I was very quiet and shy in high school so I never said anything back when people would bully me. Luckily, I changed a bit in college so now if anyone were to try to bully me, I would speak up and not allow them to. It can be very hard to stand up for yourself sometimes if that's not your personality but that's really what you need to do.

• I never had a problem in school, I Mixed well with Others, it didn't Matter who it was. I got along with Everyone under the Sun. I lived in a small town and people were pretty cool.
    However, as Wise as I am, Find your own Clique of Friends, Stick with them, and Just Ignore the Ones who are not the Lucky Ones to have had the Pleasure in Ever have Gotten to Know nor Understand a girl who is Probably the Best from the Rest.
    Good luck and the Year, dear, will Fly By. xx

• I ignored it but a lot times just ignoring it didn't help for me and it only made things worse. I tried telling my teacher and the principal but they didn't do anything. I would cry myself to sleep at night. I was bullied for my appearance because I was quiet in primary school, and because of my body shape. I didn't suffer from it that much in high school thankfully, just primary school.

• Just turn around and flip one day. I seen that happen so many times and it's the last day they get bullied.

• Flipped meaning you beat someone up?

• Or act like you're going to. Like one girl I saw one time just threw her bag to the floor and started wilding out shouting etc and they backed off and pretended they were joking all along.