The world is going to end. You can save up to 500 people to restart on, say, Mars. Who do you pick?

And why...

Most Helpful Guy

• 500 people who really like the cold. And I mean like. . . really cold.

What Girls Said 11

• I'm not saving anyone. We can all go together.

• A bunch of guys I find sexy and the people I care about. Maybe some other less attractive girls.

• I would pick people I don't know yet and my sister.
    Why? Because I have the feeling that the people I will meet are way better than the ones I know now.
    And my sister because she's the only person who supports me and helps me.

• My whole extended family , friends and a hot guy.

• My family members. No politicians. At all. Well, maybe the Obamas, but no one else. No criminals. I'd try to get people from different countries and backgrounds.

• I would save as many people as I could from different countries... the best and brightest and most likely perish here with my family on earth.

• I'd pick a variety of people: intelligent ones, kind ones, helpful ones, funny ones, creative ones, goodlooking ones etc.

• i'd make a gag question and let y'all decide the remaining 499.

• You seriously expect us to name 500 people? 😂

• Friends and family would probably make up less than 30. Lol
    Then a few hot guys to choose from for mating purposes, doctors, soldiers, scientists/astronomers/etc, only people with similar morals and political views, smart people, engineers, then a variety of other things like artists, caretakers, farmers, nice people, common folk. Not too many geniuses. I don't want everyone to be intellectual eggheads because that's boring.

• I will take any one who is not white
    I do not want white people become I do not want to deal with racism and another slavery and white people rape people a lot

What Guys Said 9

• That's a long list. Well, I'd take my five best childhood friends and maybe some of their friends. All superbly intelligent: beyond the scope of intelligence. I'd take, say, 100 scientists, because Mars is rather uninhabitable. 10 astronauts. 100 war weathered soldiers for a policing force--making sure not to take soldiers with violent or criminal proclivities. Bernie Sanders and friends/family, to be the emperor of Mars. 100 females with a nice balance of hottness and intelligence, preferably mixed in with the scientists/astronauts, etc. Gotta breed a better humanity, after all.

I'd take an array of all the top tier profession leaders of the world. Doctors, socialist governors, chemists, professors, hydroponic specialists, robotics specialists, historians, architects, engineers. Add in probably another 100, there. Maybe more.

Namely, the priority would be on all the experts needed to adapt to life on Mars, as well as to set up self-sustainable models of colonies--as opposed to our woefully inefficient infrastructure, here on Earth. Skills would not be the only factor, another factor would be their views on life and human society, naturally approved by me.

Slavoj Zizek.

No religious people would be allowed. Possibly a couple, but under very close scrutiny. The future of humanity would be based on science, not superstition.

For the next 100-175-200, I would take input from my childhood friends who are a lot smarter than me. I'd probably take some writers along, as well. Shit might get boring up on Mars. T. V. would be destroyed. The society would revolve around the betterment of self and humanity, as opposed to obtaining as many materialistic niceties as possible; money would be done away with.

And Madison Ivy, just for me.

All this is assuming we are capable of surviving Mar's atmosphere and heat, and also having some way to collect water and hopefully, over time, terraform the planet into a more Earth-like and hospitable environment.

• Mars has lost most of its atmosphere. Only 1 per cent of the original atmosphere remains.
    The atmosphere has been stripped away by the solar wind, during the past billion years or so, after the planet's tectonic activity stopped, which caused the loss of the planet's magnetosphere.
    In simple terms, Mars, which was once much like Earth, is now an uninhabitable rock that cannot be restored to its former condition. The planet is too small to sustain tectonic activity.
    Good luck with your chosen 500 people on that rock.

• I know that some of them would be that scandanavian family with a mutation that makes them immune to heart disease.

• lol what family?

• I don't know the name, all I know is that they have a mutation which makes them produce a protein that breaks down the cholesterol the lines arteries.

• that's cool

• Who ever has their towel and can drink the most pangalactic gargleblasters...

• A mix of the worlds greatest soldiers, scientists, farmers, doctors etc basically all the people needed to successful restart civilization and advance it. Though 500 seems a bit low, lets go 1,000 as 1,000 is a good strong number.

• There's so many choices
    If puck our most brilliant and able
    But I'd also ozzy Osborne
    Somone needs to try our food first, dudes immoral

• I barely know 10 people😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

• Me and my list of 499 imaginary friends the rest of you are not part of the imaginary 'master race' so fuck off!

• The really smart ones and then the really attractive fit ones