I feel so alone. How do you cope with loneliness?

Most Helpful Guy

• When I'm in a new place and lonely or my friends are unavailable and I can't get absorbed in an activity that keeps my mind off that feeling, I tend to go bar hopping but with no intent of picking up women.

Bars are generally horrible places to look for love interests, but they're not bad places to look for friends or at least have a nice conversation with some people.

I made some good male and female buddies going to bars, and hanging out with them elsewhere at other social events sometimes lead to a girlfriend indirectly.

Most Helpful Girl

• I try to keep myself busy, spend time with friends, make new friends, have some experiences. Do things to get me out of sitting around moping basically. It's easy to be sad, to sit at home and mope around and feel sorry for yourself. But if you are actively trying to do things to keep yourself busy, I find that helps the most.

I get depressed sometimes, and wonder why my life isn't going how I want it to go. But there are so many things a person can do to improve their life. I know depression isn't simple to fix. But there are definitely things that I have found to help me. I have a lot of loneliness, and I have found these same things help with both.

For instance, last night I went out on a limb and hung out with some people I didn't know. Sure it was nerve wracking at first. But I really had a good time and enjoyed their company. It wasn't anything fancy, just a few people sitting by a fire on a nice night. But it made me feel better than sitting at home and wishing I had friends.

Finding something you like to do, and then making it happen is a really satisfying feeling. It definitely helps make you feel more connected and less lonely.

Take a class, go to a class at a gym, join a club. Do things that get you out and being more social. It's okay to feel lonely sometimes, we all do. But if you are creating opportunities to meet new people, you will soon find out that you are too busy to sit at home and feel lonely :)

What Guys Said 37

• Don't think too much about it or focus too much on it. It's like pain, you are going to have to control it and disconnect from it and ignore it.

Keep yourself occupied and distracted with as much fun and hilarious shit you can find to hear, watch, see, or do etc. Or just be real busy with things that you absolutely have to and need to complete and simply get done.

Deep down inside, I think we are really all alone, because nobody can truly know us since they can never be us and they simply aren't us and can't feel and think the things that we are currently feeling and think about.

• Go for a run.
    Leave my neighborhood to hang out somewhere.
    Go to a park.
    Shopping for all kinds of stuff.
    Work on editing my YouTube videos.
    Discuss topics on forums.

• well usually a girl is alone because she's mean to others just like a lot of examples of girls that are on this site especially with crap like this and obviously deserve to be alone and unloved forever
    www.girlsaskguys.com/.../a28762-7-reasons-why-nice-guys-will-always-finish-last

• 2|0
  • I'm srry I really don't have any advise for this, I've never felt that, cuz I've always had someone to talk to the only thing I felt that's even close is missing someone, and 've felt that a lot, cuz those I love the most live somewhere that don't live, and I don't deal with, it I kinda just feel like I need to cry to have some release but tears don't come out, and so I'm stuck with that pain, and I just bear it, and pretend I'm fine

• I go out for a jog whenever I feel down. Clears my head.

• Enjoy your alone time and make the best of it, because someday you will be so busy with everyone else, that you will wish you had some alone time once in awhile.

• I usually just get laid or something

• You have bit too high shallow standards, maybe you should try and look beyond outer appearance of a guy and look at his heart, personality and the way he treats you, that will help you get a good man and overcoyour loneliness.

• I agree with you to explain more that I have friends through fb and I had many relashion ships but I had m y best friend told me no then now I fall in love again with my best friend through network and now I don't care about what they say I was in age that we have changing of feelings but now i'm 18 and I found who I love and wish to marry and I don't care if he is bangladshi I just care about me and him

• Im worried with you girl, sup?
    You were now starting a new phase life, making your own money, maybe even start new personal projects, and then.. bum ! you kind feel worse...

Open yourself, sup?

• Get to talk with more people : ), dosn't matter how.

• Different websites, job, getting into groups wit same interests...

• I'm definitely sure, 100% certain, the more you explore, know more people, go to new places, you will get you perfect prince or princess. You SO is somewhere near you and he will love you, he just needs to find you <3 :) , so, get out and show yourself to the world. Spread your wings :D

• Make invisible friends? Or spend all your time on gag?

• I wish that I could answer your question.
    Please let me know if you find the answer.

• call me... duh

• I do it by going on gag... Not the most helpful thing 😒

• Listen to some music and have yourself a cry if you need to.

• Get a cat. You're of age.

• IM people? Or would only offline friendships make a difference?

• i guess there's no solution for that, i mostly suffer from it, like other things.

• I cope by loving my own company. I enjoy silence and have no need for BS... I prefer being alone then with someone that makes me feel alone... :)

• staying busy

• I just work on something or learn something new. Knowledge and creation has always been therapeutic for me.

• By shooting a message in my inbox 😂
    Shit happens
    Just keep yourself busy and have fun 😊

• We can be lonely together.
    *hugs*

• My holding and eating an apple

• Use porn or drugs or exercise that's honesty right there

• I wonder that too

• Become a hokage like Naruto

• I was a single child... ... ... ... .. loneliness is my cousin.

• I usually play video games and talk to my friends. If you need to talk to someone, just message me.

• More from Guys
    7

What Girls Said 22

• In order to make changes that will truly help you, you will need to take some time to figure out why you are feeling lonely.

For example, say you assume that you are lonely because you don’t have enough friends and you go out and make more friends.

You may still feel lonely after making new friends if your loneliness is the result of having too many friends and a lack of meaningful connections.

Or you could either consider talking to a therapist about how you have been feeling. It may be hard to figure out why you feel lonely and how to move past those feelings. A licensed mental health professional can help you to understand and work through your loneliness.

Feeling lonely may indicate that you are depressed or that you have another underlying mental health condition. Talking to a therapist can help you understand what is going on and decide on the best course of action.

Wishing you the best of luck.

• I keep myself busy.

There's always someone I can talk to at any point in time. Either via text, an app, or on the phone.

Few days where it does get *really* bad. Those days, I just hangout with one of my friends.

• I'm usually always alone, so I am a bit more used to it. I just focus on hobbies and either have fun, or learn something new from them. :)

• I tend to embrace it. More time for me and fewer expectations.

• You spend all of your time on here with complete strangers that you dont really know and in some sense you feel less alone.

• I hug my cat before she gets mad. :D

• by being on here :(

• You move on with life. Everyone gets lonely, but you can't set up camp and sleep there for the rest of your life. Go do things that make you happy and take your mind off depressing things.

• i just play videogamez

• Find something new to enjoy doing, hopefully something which helps you meet other people who would be good friends. If you don't meet anyone, at least you have a new thing to enjoy.

• I usually just read, then I don't feel as alone.

• I mean I feel lonely sometimes
    I just don t linger on it too long and move to smthng else

• Keep a journal. Meditate. Get outside of yourself and see the world from a different angle. It can help put things into perspective. Goodluck.

• Keep busy :) Work.

• Pick up a hobby or a good book. Keep your mind occupied

• I married food and I have no regrets.
    You should marry food too. It is delightful.
    *Gives frozen yogurt*

• I listen to music

• Awww I'm sorry you feel that way

• Get a puppy ❤️🐶

• I can't cope with it.

• Lol by meeting new people.

• I'm going to answer your question the same way you answered mine once, irrelevantly and stupidly. GO EAT APPLES!