Gamers, have you ever gotten lost in a game before?

Like how readers can get lost in books, do you get lost in video games where you are almost totally absorbed by the experience of a video game, it's story, gameplay etc?

Which games have done that for you?

Most Helpful Girl

• happened to me with fallout 4~ when doing the companion quests for maccready and cait, i realized just how fleshed out the characters/their backstories were and i really connected with them.

(i adore danse as well. and i'm stuck at the part where i have to choose between the institute and the brotherhood... i'm aligned with the railroad and need to side with the institute in order to complete the quest 'underground undercover', but i really don't want to lose danse as a companion... decisions, decisions!)

as a writer, i definitely notice strong characters in others' work; regardless of the medium (books, games, etc.), those characters are practically old friends by the end. and, when you're a writer, that's a wonderful thing to feel. :)

Most Helpful Guy

• Aye, for instance, when I played Inquisition, I wanted to look up all relevant lore and see if it fits the earlier games. What's new etc.

On the gameplay side, I'm always one for the most difficult settings. I will spend days on playtesting things to see what works.

I'd consider that "getting lost" in the game :D

What Girls Said 13

• Yes :) during the summer, my sister and I would get lost in videogames and play for hours until my mom came home and told us to stop.

And when we got our Nintendos, we would play for hours at a time. I think I got the most addicted.

AND OH MY GOD, the Sims 3. We stayed on our butts way too much. I love the Sims, lol might play it soon XD I also love the free trial for sims 4 <3 I love having my family and raising them and becoming a doctor.

• *in a funny terrified voice* Yes and it was horrible, I still have nightmares about it to this very day! It all happened one day... when I was exploring a cave in minecraft...

I know the first part isn't what you meant and yes in some games I do get lost in it. Phoenix wright series, legend of zelda series, final fantasy 10, one quest in oblivion, and person 3&4.

• Oh yes, there are some great RPGs that I have played for hours without realizing. The story was so good, I didn't pay attention to time.

• Oh, yeah, definitely. Mostly Legend of Zelda, I think...

• Red Dead Redemption. I was proper gutted when it came to the last scene, and I didn't want it to end... booo! BOOOO!

• Mass effect 2 and 3... I keep replaying 2 to keep anyone from dying. Especially my frog man, adopted son, and sassy AI.

• I got lost in Journey. Especially when playing with other random people. It's like, you have this random person and you have no way to judge them and you just depend on each other. That game 👍🏻

• Yes lol

• Like what?

• I don't know like if I get really into any game I forget I have stuff to do. So like dark souls, I kniw one time the sims lol

• Yeah that used to happen a lot. Rarely now though

• In all of The Witcher games, yes.

• Yes I got lost in playing Halo I really like the storyline of those games.😳

• yaasss

• The sims did that for me. Literally hours and hours of my life went by and I didn't even notice

What Guys Said 13

• Probably for much older games, at the time they don't have these "next objectives compasses" that spoon feed the players and clearly direct them what they must do next and where they must go next or even how they can continue to progress further into the game, unlike how it is very common to almost always a staple in modern video games.

Mostly old DOS games if I remembered correctly, but that was so long ago. Eventually fans make maps of the levels and I could always print them out and use them as a reference if I were to ever replay any of those games.

• Once upon a time, I was an on-site IT trainer. This meant working on-site all week and staying in a hotel, going home on weekends. To amuse myself in the evenings in the hotel I'd buy a lot of beer and play through games on my laptop.

I was playing the original Mafia, which is an extremely immersive game set in the 1930s. I was staying in an old railway hotel which had been maintained in an art deco style. I took a break and walked up the street through the historic city centre for dinner in a retro-styled Italian restaurant.

Seriously. It was nostalgia overload. 1930s game, 1930s hotel, 1930s building, 1930s restaurant.

I sometimes also get absorbed in a game to the point that I can't 'switch it off' inside my head when I try to stop playing and go to bed.

• definitely have. grand theft auto, assassins creed 2, red dead revolver, madden, mlb the show, winning 11

• I am perpetually lost in Skyrim. I have already invested a meager 134 invested in my current save and I'm not even halfway through. That come atop god knows how many previous hours in older saves.

• yeah I used to get lost in sports games all of the time

• Oh yes I have, the main game that has done that to me is Final Fantasy VII. Something about making materia combinations... ;-)

Kingdom Hearts also had the same effect for me as well! Felt like a little kid again playing that.

• Yes but it happened more when I was a kid. I'd start playing a game before bed and before I knew it morning came. It's easy to get caught up in a good storyline.

• "Oh hey.. the sun is coming up... I started playing this before it went *down*... like.. a *while* before it went down... Did I get up to pee? I must have... I couldn't have gone that long (*quick mental estimation*) without peeing..."

• yes, i try to prevent it. it happens when i play the same game for too long. i get dreams about it. it happenend in the elder scrolls skyrim. i get sucked into the game and i compare it to real life, then i know its time t stop.

• Degenetron

• Yeah Pokemon Oras

• I really like the Starcraft lore and thise trailers 😁 ye I can get really into that.

• tmnt 1.