Deployed boyfriend. How to handle him being gone?

My boyfriend is on deployment right now for 7 months. This his first deployment since we have been together but he has been gone on and off months before we started dating. He told me that the hardest part is finding a girl but when he comes back they do not want to be with him anymore because he goes off and comes back and they do not like waiting for him. I do not mind waiting and I told him that I am there for him all the time if he needs it and I would be right here waiting for him to come back. We have only been dating for like two weeks before he left and we hung out a lot and tried to spend as much time as we could before he left again. Before he left we got into an argument the day before because I was not able to spend time with him or see him sail off before he left and he texted me saying "I don't know if we are going to be able to work because you never really have time to hang out with me and I do not want to be talking to my phone forever" I told him that I would be right here waiting for him and that when he came back I would make more effort to hang out and spend as most time as we could together and that was the last time I heard from him. I know that he is always busy and that he does not have time to talk to me all day and I am fine with that but I want to talk to him at least once. I do not know how to make the time go faster all I do is look at my phone waiting and I don't know if he is talking to another girl on the internet there and forgetting about me? I just dont know what to do

What Guys Said 3

• Why do you have yourself so heavily invested in a relationship that only had two weeks to coalesce before he deployed?

• How long is he gone for? Did he say how often he can talk to you (certain time of day or for how long)? If he's deployed I don't think you have to worry about him cheating... It's usually the girl left behind that cheats.

Only dating for 2 weeks... I wouldn't even considerate a GF/BF relationship, let alone a serious one. If he's gone for a year or more... I'd live your life and if you don't find anyone else or you both still feel a connection than wait for him. Your profile says 18-24 and if you are that young it... you can be missing out on a lot of living.. sitting at home waiting by the phone.

• Don't date/marry military dudes. It's tough. The military doesn't really keep you in one place. Are you ready to move around country if he gets stationed who knows where.

What Girls Said 0