Your feelings about the the hold out states for the passed bathroom bill if your LGBT?

there have been more than a few the groups , politicians, etc. they all say North Carolina and the other states that refuse to acknowledge the bill are not living in a progressive world. while i dont like the bill personally because it will give any person not LGBT a chance to lie and go into a bathroom with children in. its a child predators dream come true.

how would you make your point in a way to convince these states that passing the bill would not endanger there children? that seems to be the biggest fear no one seems to want to point out. do LGBT people only care about that issue and not what it would mean for child predators pretending to be LGBT?

Most Helpful Girl

• Dude not changing the law with LGBT bathroom thing isn't going to stop anyone from going into another persons bathroom. There was a dude who was straight and didn't try to lie, walked right into the girls bathroom and strangled an 8 year old girl. So again that law won't protect you at all.

• Or well not passing it won't protect you.

• Nobody honestly thinks about this and thinks not having the bill pass will magically make it all safe. I love how this one comedian explains it. :D
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZdL27lwT3o

• Thank you for mhg. :)

Most Helpful Guy

• That's the most ridiculous argument I've ever heard. A law isn't going to stop pedophiles from dressing up and going unto whatever bathroom they want.

• thats my view on this but i want to know what the LGBT community thought about the bill failing in a few states and hat could they do to have it passed in the stats that refused to have it.

• Oh. My bad

What Girls Said 4

• One of the convenience stores where I live has one bathroom. It has a toilet, a urinal and a sink. You go in and lock the door, it's a one person at a time restroom, it's a small place in a relatively rural area, so no one is offended by this. Personally, I can't fathom having to explain this whole situation to my 3 year old niece, but there are so many reasons I don't understand this push for a law forcing people to accept something that is dangerous to all parties involved. First, you can't force people to accept things and a transgender person could be putting themselves in danger by using the restroom of their preference... not everyone is open minded and they are singling themselves out to people that could harm them. By having these restrooms in school, there will have to be people monitoring them because teenagers may potentially use them for rendezvous. Then there are the perverts. I have absolutely no issue with the LBGT community, and can't begin to know what it feels like to be scrutinized and made to feel like they don't fit in, but this is a huge safety issue for everyone. I don't want to walk into the ladies room only to be overpowered by someone abusing this change. Yes, they might be caught and punished, but the damage would be done and being sexually assaulted is something many people struggle to overcome. Some never do, at least as an adult, I may have a fighting chance. A child doesn't. And even with parental supervision in the bathroom, it doesn't erase the risk, there are some really bad people out there.

• It would seem so. That is my only problem with the bill is the safety of adults too, but mostly children. I don't really care if a transwhatever, homeosexual whoever comes into the bathroom with us, but I do care about all of the other predators who would use it as an excuse.

• They would still walk into the bathroom, with or without that law passing. They did it not to long ago and a dude strangled an 8 year old girl to death. He didn't try to impersonate anything and just walked in.

• Again all they have to do is wait until nobody is looking to go in. So not passing that bill is going to magically protect anyone.

• @Mustachekitteh I never said it would. What I did say is this... in an already dangerous world it is only going to place people, children mostly, in more danger. That I'm not okay with. Safety over comfort.

• What trans people identify with is a belief not a fact. And the fact that the government chooses to shove these peoples beliefs down others throats is mind boggling. and being that most people who support them are no religious they should believe in science, which apparently they dont cause men are using the womens bathroom. I do find it funny that the Obama admin. threatens states , schools and counties to cut funding for not catering to trans people. But does nothing but make a statement when a college student rapes a passed out girl and he gets six months.

• I have said it many times but I will say it again. Conservatives say a gun free zone sign won't stop a mad man with a gun, what makes you think a sign that says women is going to stop a transgender male who prefers to be a woman from using the ladies room?

By the way just a hypothetical question. What about CONVICTED pedophiles who aren't pretending to be LGBT, what bathroom do they use?

• By the way how do conservatives plan to enforce this? If they plan to enforce it by looking at people's genitals, they're the creeps.

• its one reason why the bill was not passed by the some states, i was wondering what could be done to pass this bill if there is a good sale but from what im reading there no good sale. a predator is gonna get in either way so why open a flood gate by allowing it?

what would be the point when all it will do is increase the violence in an already trigger happy few states who dont trust the government. them passing this bill is one more reason not to trust the government. there causing chaos and are doing nothing to stop it, there just flaming the fire by boycotting the issue. there brain dead in Washington

What Guys Said 0