Adulting is hard: agree?

I'm having a semi literal panic attack right now :x I don't know if I can do this :(

Adulting is hard: agree?
Surely I'm not the only one who feels this sometimes?

• I.. can't.. take... the pressure!
  • I got this
  • I don't even try, dawg
  • I am under 18

Most Helpful Guy

• Still feeling it at 47 - What you do is let the initial wave flow over you, it may be a moment, 5 minutes, an half an hour - Then when it goes, think how can I adapt to this, I don't have to beat it, overcome it - If I can't, I just have to learn to cope with it until I can get help - I had a period in last few years when I was constantly overwhelmed , I was amazed how I and people close to me adapted to get around problems, what unexpected help was available, the strength and endurance of human nature.
    My best piece of advice to you is the commendation I got on a training course which was a report that said my biggest strength was that I was not afraid to ask questions or ask for help.

Most Helpful Girl

• Disagree wholeheartedly.
    For me, having to live (and sleep and wake) on someone else's schedule was WAY harder than any so-called "adult" problems I've had to deal with.

• do you work?

• @Aqualung Well, at least that gives you something to look forward to.

If I were you, I wouldn't have *sold* the bike. Maybe garaged it for a bit, or put it in storage... but, selling it seems a bit extreme, just to placate yr mother.

Then again, I've never had an intrusive parent like that -- nor would I feel *any* sense of duty to obey those requests. So, you and I are coming from totally different places and different values here.

I learned to ride on a '51 Chief Blackhawk that my father bought on a salvage title and rebuilt.
      I don't ride right now -- part because I couldn't be out of commission as a mom, and part because an accident would fuck up part of my living (I'm a figure/fitness competitor) -- but, I can't imagine actually SELLING the bike. It just collects dust in the back of my father's shop for now. (Every now and then he rides, or one of my brothers will ride when they're in town.)

Best of luck with yr son. How was his relationship with Mom when she was still around?

• I thought it was the responsible thing to do because I believe it's not if, but when, you'll drop your bike. I can't have him suffer another loss. Not at all happy with the decision thought, but he was 7 at the time. I'm ready now and need my Zen like experience - all I have to do is come up with 20 -24K -. Easy Peasy. i always wanted a '58 Sporty - the year I was born - how cool would that be? too bad the tak is so small! The mountains in this area are gorgeous: The Smokys, The Blue Rige Mts. and the Appalachians , WoW! Iwas into bodybuilding for years and years, all natural, but have a naturally godd phisqe and musculature. You'll find few men my age in better shape than me - just saying. My sister is a personal trainer and conduct corporate classes. she loves it.
      This whole experience of losing has been hell, not justthe ilness, but the resentment she felt towards me.- horrible; and it goes back 4 late term miscarriages prior to Jr in'02. i'm talkin - message me

What Guys Said 26

• I don't feel overwhelmed much! I like taking charge of situations and being the problem solver. I also love being independent, having my own life, cooking my own meals, going to work and paying rent etc. It is a bit weird at first, but you find no one else knows what is going on, and the illusion that our parents or other adults have any more of an idea of what they were doing while you were a kid is crazy.

• That's true. But before it was their problem. Now it's mine. It's okay tho. I got stuff worked out. I had a mini crisis but it's all good lol!

• Glad to hear it. Plan well and you will prosper.

• @Aqualung Why does every assume you need kids and a house to be an adult? I don't plan on having any and I enjoy renting and living in an apartment in the city, does that mean I will never be an adult?

• You just need a plan.

• LOL. You realize we're all just faking it.. right?

• Oh thank Gawd. I thought it was just me.

• @Aqualung
      The truth of the matter is that, except for the new, modern, first world, idea of learned helplessness, EVERYONE has always been "can do" people. The "can't" people all died.

• True, the humans will to live in the face of adversity is incredible.

• Not really :)

Being your own man and taking responsibility is good. I don't find it hard. If I need some advice then sure I would go to someone, like my Uncle. But other than that I got this. Girls want a man not a boy.

In what way did you mean Adulting to be hard.

• your 21 knucklehead, you ain't an adult

• You're off to a good start. Be smart with your money. You will have all those things I mentioned somewhere, plus tuition. star a retirement plan now. Good luck, friend

• I am under 18 lol jk

• I got like two jobs
    I got school soon
    My ass lives alone most of the summer
    I'm busy as hell but that's life

• No I hate being adult. Cartoons and eating cereal in Jammie is more my style xD

• It's one of the hardest things ever

• i still got a lot of growing up to do

• sure, im an 'adult'

• It's stupidly easy. I am actually disappointed.

• Didn't ever have time to worry about it.

• i hate adulthood

• Wait a few years, you'll detest it

• It's do-able, not easy, but do-able. I've got a spectrum child and know the pain and frustration. Best of luck to you, my friend.

• Lmao how's it hard

• i try to. but sometimes i still feel 17

• Easier than school

• Eh, just taking it one day at a time.

• I consider myself an adolescent...
    However, Thankfully my life isn't too difficult.

• wtf :)

• I'm 27 and still don't feel like an adult. I think you have to get married or have a kid to finally become an old adult person.

• its easy

• You don't kow your ass from your elbow

• i do know my ass from my elbow, thank you very much

• Sorry for the insult, i'm frustrated. It's still early for you and take advantage of that by being smart and planning

• I try to focus on the career that I really want and that helps

• I've kind of had that feeling but I was kind of raised in a do or die fashion and that I couldn't rely on someone else to do it.

3 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 9

• I moved out at 19 and I still find adulting hard. I'm actually writing a whole mytake on adulting tips, ironically.

• I.. can't.. take... the pressure!

• Lol, this made my day!

• Sometimes I want to be like Peter Pan.
    But I am not child anymore so I have to take responsibilities and be strong.

• You could be Peter Pan on the weekends. You have to reward yourself. It's like if you're eating really well and working out religiously, you must have Pizza and Ice cream Friday Night,

• @Aqualung Just think of happy thoughts and you'll be there

• Thank you, sweetie. Happy thoughts usually take me elsewhere, but, I'll try

• It definitely has its moments where I want to be a kid again.

• Yes I agree, mostly when you live on your own and you have to take care of everything. Sigh.

• Adulting sucks. The only good that comes out of it is money.

• It's terrible.

• My sister complains every day and she is 26.