Ladies, would you rather work or be a house wife?

Ladies, would you rather work or be a house wife?LOL I would rather work because my cooking skills are horrible... plus I'm very independent I like making my own money I don't like to depend on nobody.

Even though my job can be a pain in the you know what!! lol I'm blessed to have one and I wouldn't give it up for nothing.

Ladies which one fits you please vote or comment Thanks!

• WorkLadies, would you rather work or be a house wife?
  • HousewifeLadies, would you rather work or be a house wife?

Most Helpful Girl

• I plan on working but I honestly wouldn't mind being a housewife either, the concept of that doesn't bother me. Especially if children were involved. When I have kids, I would much rather take care of them myself at home when they're young instead of using a daycare center.

What Guys Said 14

• While I was in the Navy, we had several moves. Made is hard for a wife to have a career. But my wife was an RN and was able to work everywhere we went. We waited a few years after marrying to have our first child and she stayed at home with her for a few years. Then we were able to take advantage of excellent military day care centers and she returned to work. Later another child and the same thing again. The day cares (after early years at home) provided and excellent opportunity for socialization for the children. Also, when I was not at sea, she often worked an off shift and I took care of the kids. She built her resume and we took care of the household and raised two kids. Worked great.

• Always makes me laugh reading some of these comments because some gals actually think being a housewife equals sitting around doing nothing all day or that they would rather be out doing something. When in fact it's a full time job in itself, they got no clue.

I'll always have way more respect for housewives/mothers then I will working women not that working women don't deserve respect but being a stay at home mother/wife is a whole other ball game.

Besides daycare centers aren't really all that healthy for a child, or their growing minds. And if a mother is working all the time it can negatively effect a child and it's growth and a mothers presence is vital during the early stages.

• I know this was targeted at ladies, but if given the choice, I would prefer to be a house husband, looking after kids and doing chores.

I kind of am one ATM, 50-50.

My wife and I both work, but I work from a home office. She goes to the office. As a result, I tend to do a lot of housework and we balance cooking and cleaning.

However, if we had kids, probably I would be slightly more house husband than she is house wife because of the fact that I work from home.

• I personally would want my future wife to work. More comfortable living financially, and I want my life to feel a sense of life purpose.

I've heard too much about housewives going into depression because they feel their lives don't have much life purpose. I don't want my wife to go through that. :-/

• That first gif haha
    You work or not if you are planning on having a family you need some cooking skills. What exactly are you planning on feeding kids, processed crap? Then there are many guys (like me) who do like a girl who is ambitious.

But still I expect my future partner to be able to cook, for the reasons mentioned above, you have too cook for the kids even if not in general. Obesity is pandemic, kids are growing up fat and sick because mothers can't cook, or can't be bothered to cook.

• What we need us for grandparents to take care of the grandchildren while the parents are busy earning money so that the family unit can function

But nooooo people are thrown out at 18 and then expected to do 2 full-time jobs at once as if that were possible

• Either way it still working.

• I could work or be a house husband

• As you were asking the girls, but I'd I would pick for my so, I would want the woman to have her job so she can feel even more independent

• I. Would. Be. A. Househusband. In. A. Heartbeat.

• Implying being a house wife is not having to work...

• I would prefer my future wife to work. I'd prefer not to have children, so it's unlikely that we would have to make childcare arrangements (I might consider having children, but only if my wife really, really wanted them, preferably I would find a woman who is not terribly interested in having children). It's more important for me that she would be able to fulfil her aspirations in her career, and also it would be good to have the maximal income which we can spend on doing fun things outside of work, rather than just spending it on the children.

• I'd prefer a housewife any day, but if she wants to work she can as long as I get my bacon in the morning

• work ;)

What Girls Said 48

• Work! I love what I do, and it's nice to make your own money & one day contribute to financially supporting your family. I'm the same way too, with that independent streak lol. Always wanted to be able to stand on my own two feet and not be dependent on my parents or a husband for financial security. I just feel more secure and happy if I'm able to take care of myself, and potentially a family too later on. :) I can see myself taking off some time when kids are young, but not more than that.

It's not just the money though, I genuinely enjoy my work. It's intellectually engaging, I like that it can really help people down the line, and I think I'd feel less fulfilled in life without it.

• I'd rather work. I'm not good at cooking or cleaning and I doubt I'd be much good at spending 24/7 with children, even my own :P I need to leave and go do something and come back to keep sane. I'd much rather my partner be a house husband if we were able to afford to only have one of us work.

• I'll work when it is necessary, I will be a housewife when it is necessary.

It depends on the circumstances and the needs of my family and tribe.

I am not a masochist to force myself to work when it is not needed, I am not lazy and talentless enough not to work when it is needed. Happiness, peace of mind, and the prosperity of me and my family matters. not anything else.

I will never work to impress anyone or to be considered an independent empowered woman. It defeats the purpose and motivation to do high quality work.

When feminists are spending their lives fighting with their men looking for higher paying jobs, I'm sitting with my family in our garden drinking tea and telling jokes about them.

• Lol. These gifs are awesome.

I'm providing for my kids, myself, my pets, and with the help of my husband, we will build a home with lots of love out in the country. I've had a great example of a hard working woman my entire life, it's possible to raise kids and provide it all.

My husband could be a house husband if he wanted, so long as he brought in at least a chunk of bill money.

• I'm definitely the working kind. that first gif is so me. i can do household duties and all that, but i would hate to stay at home all day. i gotta be out there doing something.

• I will want to maybe work part time, but be a housewife when i have kids and while theyre young. when they get older like middle school age, id probably either work from home or work part time again. if my husbands finances allowed, i would continue my education and start my own business and not really work for "the man" again lol

• I'd prefer to do something other than being a maid to earn my keep. I do my equal share of housework and I fucking hate it, as does my partner. I enjoy working, I do not enjoy cleaning.

Fuck. That. Shit.

• I would rather work. I'm very independent and don't like to depend on others. That being said I can most certainly be a house wife. I was taught very early on how to cook clean, do laundry, iron clothes, etc. My grandma was always a firm believer that if you have a man (bf or husband) then you have to know how to do these things. She's very old fashioned lol so I can be either but prefer to work. I can bake as well that I learned on my own though 😊

• The cleaning I can do... but the cooking lol not to much. But I got to give you props girl you are definitely wifey material you go girl!

• Lol cooking was hard I know. But after a while it comes natural. Its by your own tastes and you experiment. Look at recipes and then make them your own. Haha thanks

• I am going to work when both of kids are in school

• I really love my work but when I get married and have kids, I would really want to be home for them, be in charge of the home and take care of everyone. At least for the first few years.

• Work for sure! I can't see myself as an housewife, I would get bored easily.
    And just like you, I don't like to depend on nobody. I want to be independent.

• I don't think I could be a housewife full-time if I didn't have kids. I would hate being home all day. However, if kids were involved I would want to stay home. I'm not a fan of the idea of sending my child to a daycare and possibly missing super impprtant moments.

• I'd rather work.

I work from home, though so I can do both.

• Work. But I want to do both

• I absolutely can't picture myself as a housewife. Ever.

• I'd honestly be fine with either. I'd be on the go either way.

• I've been working for years and my cooking skills aren't that great. I can cook some stuff and defend myself in the kitchen but that's about it.

• Why can't it be both? I like being home, i dont mind cleaning, shopping for food, clothes for my husband and myself. And I would love to work.

• I would rather work because it is dangerous to let someone else take care of you.

• I'd rather work.

• Work. I could never be a housewife. I feel like my brain would die just cooking, cleaning house and raising children all day long.

• I wouldn't mind being either one.

• I'd rather be a house wife but I don't mind working. I work now lol

• Work because I want to feel independent , like I could do well on my own. I want to contribute to the economy.

• Working is so much more interesting than cooking and cleaning all day. Shoot me.

• I wouldn't mind just being a housewife.

• I want to do both.

• Honestly, I don't care one way or another.
    I want to write for my career, but if I have kids, then I'll be the housewife

• I love cooking and taking care of the house but I'm earning a degree... So I'm going to use it lol!

• I rather work since I am analytical and got my degree in computer science. But just because I rather work doesn't mean I know how to be a wife. I love cooking and I need the place clean. So though I rather work, I can still do house work :)

• More from Girls
    18