What type of stupid doctor amputates the wrong leg?

I've heard of mistakes but how can a doctor amputate the wrong leg?

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2010/10/12/doctors-face-charges-amputating-wrong-leg.html

Here is another stupid doctor:
www.pravdareport.com/.../

Most Helpful Guy

• Because of mistakes in the past, it is common for patients to be interviewed prior to the surgery. They confirm who they are. then confirm exactly what they are there for. At that time, it is common to mark the surgery site, in this case, the leg to be amputated. So it has gotten to the point that there can be no excuses at all!!!

What Guys Said 3

• Well, Ben Carson was a neurosurgeon... so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• That isn't uncommon. It's just normal human error and a lack of communication.

• Dammmmm. Thank god those instances are rare. That's horrible.

• Yeah... doctors are suppose to be 100% reliable sources in those critical procedures. That's what they spend all those years studying medicine and treating people.

• Well, I don't know about 100%. People think doctors are gods. They're people who had enough time and money to get through med school. But I mean come on, doing an operation in the wrong body part is not acceptable.

What Girls Said 0