Do you believe that people can get possessed by evil spirits?

Like the film :The Exorcism Of Emily Rose..
If so.. Has this happened to anyone you know?

• Yes it's true
  • No it's not

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• Nope. All fiction and fantasy.
    The supernatural doesn't exist. And you have to remember that all these supernatural stories were made up from somewhere by someone, maybe a few centuries ago, maybe a millennia ago.
    People thought people were possessed by demons or whatnot because they didn't know the victim was suffering an epilepsy seizure or maybe schizophrenia or psychosis. There are a lot of mental and physical conditions now that can be scientifically explained, which they couldn't in the past. Why people still believe in ghosts or possession of evil spirits, I do not know.

What Guys Said 16

• I think it is entirely just made up fiction, they put the whole "Based on a True Story" or "Based on True Events" only for marketing purposes to try and draw more attention to what they are trying to sell.

Mental disorders and mental illnesses are more like the actual reality of what really happened.

Prior to advancements in modern medical and biological sciences, mental illnesses were frequently misconceptualized as some form of "possession" by bad spirits and therefore the patients had been mistreated. Such as trepanning which had been used in ancient times for example, where holes were drilled into a person who was behaving in what was considered an abnormal way to let out what they believed were "evil spirits".

• Absolutely! Read "Hostage to the Devil" by Malachi Martin; five, impeccably researched case studies of actual excorcisms. Riveting!

• No. Because what people refer to as spirits or ghosts, to me, is nothing but lingering energy of the past. It has no conscience that humans could understand, and even if it did, it'd work on a plane similar to that of a God, meaning it abides by the natural laws of time (it can do no evil).

• People can however be either positive or negative in their way of thinking.. If people are too negative, they may fall into a slump and do things they don't truly want to (cutting, anger tantrums.. suicide.)

• I don't need to believe it's happens repeatedly throughout history, also those exorcism movies are based upon real possessions that actually happened.

• No way.
    100% imagination and fantasy

• Every case that has been brought before scientists has been explained. Usually a mental disorder.

• I don't believe so.

• No. Not at all

• maybe

• The 10 folks that said yes are clearly watching too much Supernatural.

• No, but I wish I did.

• No, they don't. She's probably just delusional.

• Yes, I do believe that

• Maybe but it's rare. I do believe there are things that can't be explained by current "logic".

• I don't believe that any spirit can take my free choice privilege

• no, it's stupid.

What Girls Said 6

• It's funny how most men are saying they don't and most women saying they do.

As for me. I was raised to believe that not everything meets the eye...

• yes I do believe , although that was creepy movie I think Deliver us from evil was freakier , will never think of a zoo the same

• I believe it, but no one I know (that I'm aware of) has had it happen

• Yes I believe people can get possessed

• Maybe, but I'm not sure.

• Yessssss. Most definitely.