What was/has been/do you think will be the WORST teen year of your life?

I know there are many teenagers on this site, and haven't lived through all of their teen years, so you guys will have to predict, or pick a year you think was/will be the best.

For me, it was a battle between 18, and 19 years old, but I'll have to say 18 was my absolute worst teen year for me. I spent my senior year of high school as an 18 year old, and my life was miserable at the time. It was one unfortunate event after another, and nothing seemed to go right. I'll never forget that terrible year.

• 13 years old
  • 14 years old
  • 15 years old
  • 16 years old
  • 17 years old
  • 18 years old
  • 19 years old
@WillowTree You gave a thorough explanation, and I know that can be rough for girls that age.

@Prof_Don I had to pick you for the guys. You went into full detail, and it's hard not to feel sorry for you.

Most Helpful Girl

• 13 because I got my first period and all the fricken pain and maintenance issues that come with it. It was abnormally long back then too. The rest of my teens I was emo trying to handle life and my newly developed emotions. I wouldn't do my teens over even if you paid me.

Most Helpful Guy

• For me, definitely when I was 13.

My parents divorced, I was living with my mom and younger sister in a motel, on one visitation weekend with my dad he kept us there without telling us or my mom and pretty much took custody of us in a shady way.

I was supposed to be there for a weekend, then all of a sudden my sister and I were getting shots at the doctor's and getting enrolled in school.

Because my mom didn't have a steady place to stay my mom couldn't fight in court to get custody back so the judge ordered my dad to keep custody.

So in short, my dad STOLE custody and got away with it. I didn't have a chance to say goodbye to my friends and neighbors and teachers, no adjustment time. Just ripped out of one life and hoisted into another.

I was a black suburban kid, going to suburban elementary and middle schools, then I was thrown into an urban middle school (and the next year high school) in Long Beach, the LBC. Culture shock galore!

Many of the kids (especially the black kids) hated me because I spoke proper English, use no slang at all and didn't have any elements of urban culture & hip hop culture in me at all. Had a hard time making friends. Wasn't bullied much but I felt shunned by 90% of my peers who look like me, which is such an isolated and empty feeling. My sister who was in kindergarten went through the same thing too.

No "teen year" was worse than age 13 for me.

• Wow, this sounded terrible! I don't blame you.

• Sounds like your dad is a fool, srry he put you through that shit! My mom decided to move from state to state also. It makes a child feel insecure. Some parents should be sterilized!

What Girls Said 18

• 11 and 15 19 years old worst
    13 14 16 17 18 years old best 16 though 💓❤️

• All of mine were bad, especially 16 and 19.

• 19 was terrible for me as well. I had a very rough first year of college (I was 19 virtually my entire first year of college).

• The teenage years were a growing pain for me. Never want to relieve it again. 13-18 were difficult periods in my time.

• All of my teen years were/are terrible

• I guess around 14 years old was the worst of my teen years.

• 13 to 14 years old because I was bullied in school. Age 15 was kind of bad too, I got rejected, had hair loss problems, and I performed poorly in school.
    I wish I was home schooled during those years, it would have been a more pleasant experience.

• 15-16 when my parents got divorced, it was chaos in my life... I got over it eventually but yeah, I guess 15 was the worst teen year.

• Right now as a sixteen year old because I have Autonomic Dysfunction... they finally diagnosed it today and there is no cure :(

• Thirteen was my worst teenage year. Ah when puberty started the worst. I got pimples on my face and everything. So far life has been good though.

• I have to say 15. It was an awkward phase. I was clinically depressed that entire year.

• Why? Just curious.

• I have a genetic predisposition to it and it was a very difficult year in general. If you have a brain disorder of this type, age 15 is a typical age for it to manifest. I helped to fight it with diet and exercise at the time but discovered that I needed medication as I got older.

• 14 was one of the suckiest but honestly I hated being a teenager.

• 14 was the worst

• i want to redo my teen uses -sigh- did some stupid stuff jeez

• 16, 17 were so so
    I don't think my teen days are that bad tho, I surely have depression and anxiety, but I love to party, so I'm fine

• 18 is hard. 19 will be harder but i know what to expect and im good with it.

• when I was 10 to 12. It was hell

• Those aren't TEEN years.

• the other years was perfect and for me 10 - 12 is teen cause I was in middle school.
      Teen years is from middle school to high school. So no 19.

• Age 14 was by far the worst for me. I was ruthlessly bullied, had no friends, was suicidal, was the last of all the girls in my class to get my period and was diagnosed with an anxiety disorder.

• When I was 14-16 years old. Ugh😑

• At 14 I went to a new school and hated it because the girls were ridiculously catty/bitchy for no reason. I'm laid back and just like to have fun. They were always busy gossiping about people and starting unnecessary drama. Even included me (of all people) in some of the stupid, unnecessary drama. At 15/16.. got my first heartbreak💔😞 Those were just some rough years, but all is well now😊. I hope the events that happen in ur teens doesn't affect u anymore either🙂

What Guys Said 16

• It was all a mixture of the worst times of my life and the best times of my life. It's hard to pick one that was worse than the other.

Well. You know what. I'd have to say it was 19. I took some LSD that year, and it fucked me up bad. Worse than anything. It was like everything I had been repressing just popped up to the forefront, then I just got paranoid as fuck. Basically, as close to Hell as you can get. Demons were trying to kill me; blood oozing from the walls; feeling like you're dying over and over and over and over again. I was fucked up that whole year. And my childhood best friend died along the way, too. To say nothing of other friends in the previous years.

But. Today, I think I know what happened. The LSD broke down the barrier between my conscious and sub/unconscious mind. Things I had been trying to forget popped to the forefront. The subconscious speaks in metaphors. Like in dreams. So it takes deciphering.

And, my teen years were not all puppies and rainbows, either. I was with some shit that would have grown men fucked up. I had no soul when I was a teenager. But that LSD trip just consolidated everything and just hit me harder than anything has ever hit me in my life.

They say you pay to go insane when you take acid. Though, if something bad happens--like, your friend blasts aggressive metal music loud as fuck in the car--then it can trigger a bad trip. And a "bad trip" doesn't even describe it by any measure. It was Hell. That's it. You have to treat people who are tripping like very vulnerable kids, which is something I didn't know at the time. I was just trying to get fucked up, and I thought it would just be funny: seeing pink elephants and shit. Not even close.

So yeah. If I was going to tell teenagers anything, it would be "Make sure you know what drugs you're doing before you do them." And yeah, I'm not going to go on the drug free speech. They'll do them, anyway. That wasn't the problem for me. Drugs are great; you just have to be careful with them and know what they'll do.

• I grew up fairly poor and at 14 I was informed that we could not afford for me to get a hair cut. So my mom gave me a bowl cut. It was hideous. After that I refused to let her cut it again. So I went the remainder of the school year looking like a rouge Amish teen.

• 13-18 really sucked for me since I was moving all the time and was always the new kid in school as a result of:

A) parents being divorced and living in different countries but with shared custody.
    B) parents also always moving themselves for their work.

With that, every time I was at a new school, it was hard to kind of find any friends without any history in that school. I'd say around 13-15 was the worst (put down 14) since that's when kids just started forming cliques and just started to kind of play a more superficial kind of popularity game.

I couldn't understand the rules of the game since they kept getting reset each time I went to a new school, and at around 13-15, the kids were the most immature.

• Definitely 16 because a lot of horrible things happened to me at that age.

• 14. I was bullied a lot and they got away with it, since I was just an Asian freshman in high school.

• It was 18 for me. A super duper roller coaster ride of ups and downs. Ended well though.

• 18 was a terrible year for me too for the exact same reasons: It was a roller coaster of ups, and downs.

• 16. Junior year sucked asshole

• Definitely 15. I almost died a few times. I saw the light you could say.

• 14-years-old, easily! It's easily the worst year of my teen years because

• 17, my grandparents died, my girlfriend died and I wound up homeless.

• 16 by far.

• 18. was bad

• Fifteen was the worst. I started high school and the homework kept piling on!

• I can see how the transition to high school is rough ( I transitioned at 15 as well), but I still loved being 15.

• My freshman year was the worst!
      My sophomore year was a little better.
      My junior year was great!
      My senior year was the best year of all!

• 15 and 16 were the worst by far.

• Not sure about worst, but 17 was definitely my best. I started dating my dream girl just before turning 17 and all through that year, got into my dream college and generally kicked ass at life!

• Grade 10. So around 15 or 16.