Would you bring a loved one back from the dead?

- Just like ''The Monkey's Paw'' tale, you were given a monkey's paw.
- You can only make 3 wishes

Would you wish to bring a loved one back from the dead? It can be a parent, friend, grandparent, etc.

• Yes, it would be cool having them back in my life
  • No thanks, I will not mess with death

Most Helpful Guy

• It is for God to mess with death, not the rest of us. As much as I'd love to have a few more words with my former high school crush, I know bringing her back would only make things worse. For starters, her family would have to refund the life insurance money. Second, the state would refuse to let her have custody of her daughter again. Third, unless I could also cure her of her heroin addiction, she'd just kill herself again right away anyway. Fourth, it wouldn't take long before I got blamed for all the mess she'd inevitably cause. Fifth, her family would hate me all over again, as if they needed a reason.

I'd instead wish an epiphany on my other former high school crush, that she may come to her sense and stop wasting her life drinking and treating men like disposable goods. And to stop blaming God and marriage for her parents being so selfish. I probably would not ever be able to marry her; but I could at the very least make her less bitter - and break down the walls of pride that prevent her from so much as talking to me. She knows I care, but also knows that I will not approve of her every life decision. And for that, she treats me like I'm nothing to her. The modern fallacy about love is part of her accursed lot. I'd erase that - and similar delusions - in thousands of others.

That would be a far better use of that stupid monkey paw than trying to screw with death.

• Wow sorry to hear what you went through. Good point though. It would suck wishing them alive and them killing themselves all over again.

What Girls Said 10

• no. i never think of things like that. we go when we go. would i wish to hold them once more or have one more conversation? of course... but i wouldn't bring them back to life.

• My grandpa who just died two weeks ago.

ONLY if he was brought back without the ailments that killed him.

• True, it's only about being specific about the wish. For instance it would be something like this ''Bring him back from the dead in good health and healed''.

• Hell naw. I would love to see again:
    1) My Grandpa
    2) Bestfriend
    But it's scary to mess with death,

• I read that book. I didn't like the cliff hanger in the end.

& I would never ever bring anyone back from the dead.

• Yes and no, as I figure XXXX is happier where he is.

• I'd bring my grandad

• I would but at the same time I'd feel giulty if I did.

• That's a bad idea.

• If I recall correctly that didn't workout too well in the story, so no.

• I don't really have a dead loved one so no. But I would save the wishes for when that happened

What Guys Said 6

• No. It goes against my beliefs. Of course I would give everything for but one more day with my father, but such an event would take another person's life.

• In that situation, no I would not. Definitely would wish for:

1. The power to go invisible
    2. Guaranteed financial stability
    3. I'd think of one

• no, that never works out well

• 1. I would imagine they wouldn't die in the first place, but if they did, again they wouldn't notice. It would be like nothing happened. blip dead blip alive.

• No, you mentioned the outcome of the monkeys paw plus I'd want to let them rest

• I've thought about it. But no, I wouldn't do that.