What do you believe happens to the soul after death?

Please be respectful in your answers and responses!

Most Helpful Guy

• It travels, looking for a new vessel or it fades into lingering energy "ghosts, spirits". The soul itself is not sentient, but rather a part of the original energy of the universe.

Most Helpful Girl

• Reincarnation. How can we learn it all in one lifetime?

What Guys Said 13

• Nothing for me. I don't believe in this idea of "soul", only "consciousness", and I think that terminates on death.

I also think it gets significantly influenced by effects on the brain (ex: brain trauma, narcotics, alcohol, etc), and I don't think that's a "soul" being manipulated, just "consciousness" which is tied to our brain.

• 3|3
  • I don't believe in souls. Thus, after death, one simply ceases to exist.

• To the same place. the flame goes when you blow out a candle. It's just gone becuase nothing is continuing to produce it.

• I believe that death is just transition from materialistic world to another world
    I believe that I'm gonna be asked about my beliefs
    It makes sense more than the idea that my end and hitlers end are the same, world structure is far from mess

-there's mathematical representation for souls
    -the process of lossing memories due to brain damage shows that memories are not on the physical brain and it could be just a transceiver to the soul

• Either stays on earth as ghost or goes to heaven or hell.

• Your soul will be kept in your body until the judgement day comes when everyones souls will be judged by allah.

• I become a soul reaper... what else :v
    cdn.myanimelist.net/.../...f898031f5e12c7f5642.png

• Oblivion.

• I believe that the soul will transition into a new body (just like the Hindus believe)

• I have no soul 😈😈😈

• well for starters you need to believe a soul exists... so for me : nothing

• Only the deceased know.

What Girls Said 12

• There is no "soul" there is only a brain, which will be eaten away by natures natural decomposers like maggots and whatnot and your body returns to the earthly cycle. Your consciousness is forever gone.

• I believe whatever the individual believes is what'll happen to them.

Emptiness.
    Reincarnation.
    Heaven or Hell.
    Spirit world.

Whatever.

• It's impossible for me, or anyone else, to know about anything that extends beyond our physical universe. The best people can do is guess, which is basically just stabbing in the dark.

Most likely? My self awareness is an evolutionary byproduct and when my brain stops functioning, it comes to a permanent end.

• Long complex answer actually. But I'll just say eventually your spirit will be reunited with your body.

• Never formed an opinion on this. I don't care wether It's reincarnation, heaven/hell, or nothing anyways.

• I don't even believe in "souls" to begin with.
    When we die, it's over, goodbye.

• Soul? nothing.
    Spirit , moves on to one world or the other.

• I belive in metempsichosis. I'm Christian and we can't believe but I think it's true

• You cease to exist.

• You mainly get an athiest 's answer here.

• body stays here... soul goes to its creator
    i think lol

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more