Have you ever gone back and visited your elementary, middle and high school?

Have you ever just randomly drove around the buildings and just recalled memories from the past? If so, did it make you feel sad? Happy? Relieved?

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• Drove around the buildings?

I've been in my elementary and middle school after attending them because my sister attended them, and I went to events or something. My elementary school seemed so small compared to what it seemed when I attended.

I actually haven't been back to my high school since I graduated over a year ago--well, except the cafeteria, cause I snuck in during their homecoming this past fall lol.

What Girls Said 22

• Yes.

I went back to my high school (aged 11-17) and there has been more building but much the same.

I went back to my primary school (aged 7-11) and hugely saddened. The sports field is now a housing estate. It looks run down and uncared for. And I went to a very special school - we had a mini railway that was maintained by the kids on a Saturday. I was one. In fact I was the first girl in 70years. I helped build the railway tracks and I was qualified to drive the steam engines.

My nursery even more saddened. Just after I left it was made into flats and the area built on.

All of my memories have been paved over. I don't have memories from home because I was put in full time education from 2.5 years because of my mothers neglect and abuse. It's sad really.

• just did that yesterday. I'm hoping to officially work there within a few months.

• this question is crazy in timing. I was getting new tires on my car today and someone who I went to high school with came in to get new tires too. and he asked me where I went to high school. we talked about life etc was nice conversation. I've been to my high school 2 times once for a carnival supporting a friends elementary and a winter dance recital. elementary school and junior high I have not

• Lol wow. Very crazy timing 😊

• that's what happens when your listening to Pandora and having to type at same time haha

• Lol I'm guilty of the same

• No. I would have liked to. But I had to move every 2 years across the US and Europe, it made it difficult to do so.

• Yea i have ! It brings back memories and sometimes i wish i was back

• Like when I was a kid. I was a army brat so i sometimes I went to two to three different schools a year. So, when we went back into that city or neighborhood I've seen it. As an adult no, though my 10 year reunion is in a couple of years. I dont think id feel sad but more like " damn, life was simple as a kid".

• Occasionally but not on purpose. Plus I went to 2 elementary schools, 1 junior high, 3 middle schools and 3 highschools so that would be a lot of driving!

• Yes, I did. It made me feel sad and on top of that, they tore the original school down where I went 😞
    Then I went by my old house and had a melt down

• never went to school.

• All the time. It's a bit of a drive to get to my first elementary school, but when I'm feeling particularly nostalgic I'll make the drive.

It's convenient because it's on the same street as my first house so two birds, one stone.

It makes me reflect on where my life may be currently if my parents had been able to afford to keep us in private school instead of having to switch us to public.

• I visited my middle school almost a year ago and it made me sick to my stomach. I also go back to my high school a few times a year to visit some of my old teachers.

• Yes, I feel happy about it. Some of my old teachers still work there and that's awesome. I appreciate all my teachers. Yup, I was a nerd back in school.

• No, I was glad to get out of those places and I shake my head when I drive by it.

• Nope. When I graduated, I never looked back

• yaa whenever i visit my hometown, it's like "lool ew!" whenever i see it :P

• um i did that with my kindergarten​ i stopped and said high to my old teacher

• I was homeschooled until university, but I have visited the university I graduated from.

• I have visited my old prep school

• Yes I did my elementary school and I missed it just seeing my old teachers and no that I am in highschool I wish I could go back nnd try harder and be better

• yup. i didn't feel anything lol

• Hah. No. Not happening

• Never have.
    Never will.

What Guys Said 13

• It would make me feel so annoyed to visit my high school again. It would remind me of all the shit I've been through in there. Damn I would feel angsty. So I'm never going to visit it in the future...
    My middle school makes me feel somewhat happier because I had some good times in there. I feel welcomed by all the teachers there.
    I visited my elementary school but it made me feel weird. I barely remember anything from it but about what it's like to be a small child again. *sigh* I had to walk out.

• Yep.
    Eh... sad. They really went downhill after our class graduated. I think the football team is in the "rebuilding years".

• No because then they would ask why didn't I attend all of those reunions I was invited to lol

• Just drove around it I haven't gone inside

• I went to a few volleyball games and coached a little, brought back a lot of memories playing there 🙂

• About two weeks after I trusted I drove by and yelled FREEDOM like Mel Gibson in Brave Heart
    Same voice and everything
    The people getting out gave me looks
    Does that count

• Yup!! I even spoke to a high school class once. An old teacher reached out to me on Facebook.

• One of the schools I went to was a private catholic school that's right next to my local church. So whenever I go to church on Sunday I always see it when I'm walking around that area. I haven't actually been inside though in a while

• I have. It was very strange, I assure you.

• Many times. I've spoken to the students at my elementary school because my sister taught there, and yes, she attended that school too.

• I remember jumping the fence one night at my elementary school and smoking a blunt on the playground with my brother. lol Both my middle school and high school were bulldozed to the ground and rebuilt, but I've been to both since they were rebuilt due to having a little brother.

• Ya. I dunno. It's been a long time but still nice to see the old buildings again.

• Nope! I hated it there. The day I walked out the doors was my last & never looked back.