Can you tell when someone is a virgin without them telling you?

Some people think that they can. Like some things about people's personalities just say 'virgin' for some people.

What do you think? Can you tell?

• I can usually tell when someone is a virgin without them telling me
  • I can't tell
  • I can sometimes tell

Most Helpful Girl

• Lol, NO. People can't tell. I won't say I can either. Everyone I've ever dated has thought I'm a virgin, and only 1 was right. The other 2 were surprised. o. O silly confused men. Silly confused people to assume virgins and non-virgins look/behave sooo differently.

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't think there's a surefire way to tell.

It certainly seems easier to tell if a guy is a virgin. If he's a big, anti social dork, then most people are going to assume so. It takes quite a bit more effort, ability and things going for you to get a girl to say yes to sex.

Whereas, you can look at an innocent, naive girl and think that maybe she's a virgin, but all it takes is her to be alone with a guy and have a willingness. I think a lot of girls sort of want to play the part of the virgin too because it's still looked at as a positive in society's eyes.

I don't think being ugly or fat has much of an influence on whether or not people are virgins. I see those people with their devil spawn in Walmart all the time.

What Girls Said 16

• No. Even guys who aren't virgins can be really nervous about talking to girls or making a first move, as can girls. Heck, anyone would think i'm a virgin cause i'm so shy and awkward (I have severe social anxiety) and often kind of a prude haha, but I've actually slept with more than 10 people.

• I have had instances where I had a guess and it was correct, but in general it's not something I look for enough to determine it.

• Hmmm. I really don't and wouldn't care enough to look for signs.

You're nervous? Alright, I'm taking over. :P

• No, I don't think so.

• In general, no. You can guess and all but you never know for certain until they tell you, or otherwise make it really obvious without actually saying flat out "I'm a virgin".

• I can't.

• Very rarely. It's not something I really think about while looking at someone.

• I can sometimes tell lol

• like how?

• well what things about a persons personality might tip you off?

• They keep a more then necessary distance between themselves and other people. Shy/timid. Unsocial. I guess things like that.

• Yes yes you can. Lack of experience.

• I could tell sometimes for sure. I don't really think about that though lol

• Nope, unless they say somethings that might but even then would be tricky.

• Most of the time, no. Unless they're like 12. Then you hope to hell that they're still virgins.

• I think i can tell but I'm not sure, because some people can surprise you!

• If you mean just by talking to them, then no

• No, you cannot.

• Nope. You can't tell

What Guys Said 9

• I can't tell, I might guess... wrong or right...

• Unless they are a obvious weirdo, I can't tell. I've met a couple really attractive ladies and then find out they are virgin it's like wtffff

• I don't really care if someone's a virgin. I guess if they were naive about sexual matters, I'd think they were.

• You can guess

• I think it's a bit easier to tell if a guy is (anti-social, very awkward, talks about sex like the 40-year old virgin). With women even ones that initially seemed innocent I would find out they weren't virgins. You can kind of still come off as a virgin if you're inexperienced. So in general, no, you can't really tell.

• No I can't tell at all, virgins, non virgins and sexual beasts all have various looks.

• Unless the person is talking about sex and is completely way off on how sex works, then there's no way anybody can claim to know.

• I know I can't tell, no one can tell I am.

• When they act like they've never seen a penis before