Who do you think was right?

My aunt is a cashier at a local grocery store. Today, there were 3 orchids for sale in the store, next to her. A woman wants to buy them because her husband won't buy her flowers. She asks the price. My aunt rings it and says it's 9.90. She finds it cheap and buys all 3 for 9.90 each.

After she leaves, my aunt's boss (or whatever he is) comes over and starts yelling at her. Why? The flowers' real price was 40 each. Is that what the cash register said? No. Is it the fault of whoever priced the flowers incorrectly? Yes. But somehow, my aunt was supposed to magically guess and tell the customer the real price!

0|0
11|10

Most Helpful Girl

• That is the fault of whoever labeled the plants. Your aunt was simply doing her job, who is she to wait up the line to double check the price for everything. And her boss is an ass, who yells at a grown ass woman in front off other-over something like that. And also, that person is a coward for putting the blame on someone lower in rank than him instead of finding out who really messed up the price.

1|0
    0|0
    • thanks for mhg, hope your aunt didn't get in too much trouble with her boss from hell

• No prob. She's fine, but she's planning to quit and get a job at another store.

What Guys Said 10

• can't be your aunt's fault. its what the register said. your aunt has proof, she can show it to him (or whatever he is) right before telling him to shove it.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's not your aunt's fault because the flowers ranged up 9.90? And not only that but, she's a cashier, not the person in charge of flowers?

0|0
    0|0
  • This happens all the time. Her manager must not like her. Its not her faultm it's the managersfault and they won't take responsibility.

0|0
    0|0
  • From your description of the situation, it sounds like it was a fault on the other end somehow. The cashier can only ring it up, the prices are coded in already, or stickered on. It's not the cashier's function to set the prices.

0|0
    0|0
  • If she rung them up and they came up $9.90, then they're $9.90. End of discussion. What else would he expect her to do

0|1
    0|0
  • If the cash register said it is 9.90, then that is what it is.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well it is the fault of the person who programmed the register. Not your aunts fault!

0|0
    0|0
  • Kill the employer! Down with the patriarchy!

0|0
    0|0
  • If it rung up as $9.90, it wasn't her fault. Does her boss still blame her?

0|0
    0|0
    • Yes, he caims she should've known they couldn't be that cheap. Asshole.

• Anyone else get in trouble?

• Not that I know of.

• Thats the way the world works people get blamed for other peoples shit all the time

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 10

• That's the fault of who ever priced the items.
    It wasn't your Aunt's fault clearly.
    He just wanted to hold someone responsible and she was an easy target.

1|0
    0|0
  • If it said $9.90, then it's $9.90. End of story. The manager should make sure the products are priced correctly. That's his fault.

1|0
    0|0
  • Nobody was really "right" in this situation. Your aunt isn't supposed to magically know if the prices in the cash register are incorrect. But she made a mistake. A mistake she had no control over, sure, but a mistake regardless, therefore you can't really say she was "right". The boss shouldn't have yelled at her, she didn't know that the price was incorrect and therefore can't be blamed for it. So, the boss wasn't right either.

0|0
    0|0
    • But I'm totally on your aunt's side in this case. Just don't think it was a "who's right and who's wrong" situation.

• Oh god thats soooo sad. I find it very sad that the woman's husband wouldn't get het flowers :(
    Anyways, back to the question, yes, i think it's wrong.

1|0
    0|0
  • If that's how the flowers were priced in the system, it's not the cashier's fault. Generally, the store will give you the lower price, even if it's wrong because it's something on their end.

1|0
    0|0
  • Your aunt was right.

The boss was wrong for yelling. He should be talked to about that by HIS boss.

0|0
    0|0
  • If the flowers said 9.90 each then she is not in the wrong.
    My mum bought a BBQ grill once (one that just stands on top of the gas bottle ) and it scanned up at $20 instead of $120 the cashier was oblivious to what it was and my mum didn't say a word.

Also quite often when my mum buys big boxes of beer they forget to ring it up. So we get $30 boxes of beer free.

0|0
    0|0
  • everybody know how boss get when they lost some money. When your their employee you have to know and guess everything correctly or your fucked up.

1|0
    0|0
  • If that's the price then that's the price. It's the managers responbility to check

1|0
    0|0
  • Your aunt should have shown him the price on the flowers. If that doesn't solve the problem then it's clear that her boss is looking for someone else to blame for his own screwup. In that case, just let him yell and go back to his office. Nothing you can do about people like that really, At the end of the day the important thing is that your aunt keeps her job.

1|0
    0|0