Any tips on being more independent?

I've noticed that I always try to see the best in people and expect them to treat me as I treat others. However, that obviously doesn't happen. I've come to a conclusion that I should try expecting less of people so in the long run in less dissapointed at the end. What I mean by that is, for example, when I care for someone I give my all to show them and do everything I possibly can to make their lives better, although I've never experienced that kind of care in return. I decided to be more independent and distance myself from people enough to not need their care or approval. Any tips on that? I want to be able to be confident and happy alone. I am more of an introvert either way but I thought maybe there are things I could do to make it more fun?
- Thanks for the feedback! :)

Most Helpful Guy

• Every time you have the thought of going out of your way to make someone's day better, just tell yourself these wise words: "fuck nah"

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 0