White people, what exactly is the race card?

I’d specifically like to hear opinions from white people or people who identify as white. What is your exact idea and definition of “the race card”?

Most Helpful Guy

• A black man with a HS degree enters JP Morgan Chase & Co building for an interview. When the interview finishes, he's told that he doesn't have the qualities to become an employee, especially since he doesn't even have a bachelor's degree.
    He calls them racist.

A black woman pulls out a knife and threatens to kill people. Cops come to arrest her and she resists, kicking and scratching the cops, forcing them to use more force to subdue her.
    People say cops used excessive force cause she's black.

A black woman approaches me, I don't think she's attractive, so I reject her.
    I get called racist.

The race card is when you blame racism for something that has nothing to do with race. The first person gets rejected cause he's not qualified for the job, not because of his race. The second person is treated that way by cops because they had a weapon, threatening to kill people, and was resisting arrest, not because she was black.
    The last person isn't rejected because I don't like black woman, but because I don't like HER.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 9

• The race card is meant that when people of colour are upset or offended at something they say its because of their race instead of for example them being a shitty person and whatnot. Alternatively its to gain pity-points from being an "oppressed minority".

• Using your race to abuse political correctness. Basically it's using your race when it's not justified or relevant.

Using your race to get special privileges or treatment, using your race to escape criticism of punishment, or using your race as a way to avoid answering an argument.

• I acknowledge I've benefited from 'White Privilege' in my life

• White people don't have a race card, because everyone thinks we're privileged to go to work and support everyone else.

• The use of the fact that a person is naturally disadvantaged in order to justify poor judgment, choices and general lack of qualification.

• this a logical fallacy used in arguments. people use this to pretend the attack was on their race rather than being an argument with valid points.

• I'll give you an example; a black guy gets fired from his job. He says “it's cause I'm black, they're racist!" That's playing the race card, attributing perceived social injustices to racism. Sometime it's accurate, sometimes it isn't.

• when blacks make an excuse that they are being discriminated against as an excuse for their failure or misfortune. either in general, or after a specific incident.

• "People who identity as white" ?

What Girls Said 2

• Get ready.

• The race card is when a minority (or someone who is not white) screams racism and oppression when race is not even part of the conflict.