We're all murderers. We've all killed at least one spider or slug, right? And most of us eat meat regularly. Why do humans think they're so superior?

Animals are just as precious as humans, aren't they?

• Right
  • Wrong

Most Helpful Guy

• Murder is defined as killing ones own race in cold blood or for no reason or a selfish, stupid etc reason.

• Murder is killing

• @jjesica346 Uhm okay? Is that you trying an ad hominem or what?

Most Helpful Girl

• I said right because I believe in some ways we all serve our purpose on earth and in that respect we're equal and I love animals because I feel there's wayy much more to them than science has proven - because we can't interact with them on the same platform it's difficult to know the full extent of the animal mentality, psychology and emotions.

However humans are the highest ranked animals simply because we're the most physically, emotional, psychologically and socially developed animals.

An example is that some animals have to hunt and kill to feed themselves - they have no choice it's all their capable of in order to survive. We as humans, however, have choices, many of them too; so we can either choose to hunt and kill or just grab an apple off the tree and eat that. Humans are capable of surviving on a variety of things; when as animals are bound by their nature, like carnivores have to eat meat, herbivores have to eat veg, and humans can eat either or both.

What Guys Said 30

• We are not superior in a moral sense but we are at the top of the food chain. Creatures at the top of the food chain kill other creature lower down on the food chain. That's not immoral because morality is a manmade concept. Animals eating and killing other animals (or plants, which are even further down) is just a natural thing.

• I think we are all murderers in that case that given the right circumstance, each and everyone one of us is capable of killing another human being. While I think people can act kinda superior, I also think people forget the value of human lives at times. Very many who would care a lot more about an animal, cat, dog etc that died than anyone they didn't know did.

• Murder is the killing of one's own species. It turns out "Cruelty to Animals" covers killing animals. No idea why that would be.

• I don't believe in a using animals, but they kill each other all the time. So at worst we're just being natural.

What makes us superior is dominating the planet, harnessing nature, and our continued accelerated advancement.

• Yup. Except in the animal kingdom it's so extremely normal for animals to off other animals, we humans aren't special.

• Lol you guys haven't killed people yet?

• Cause we're superior.
    Only nature is superior to us.

• Did you seriously just type that into a computer? As in, you can comprehend language and complex ideas like electromagnetism and the internet AKA things no other creature on Earth can do? Name one other species on the planet that has achieved what humans have in the relatively brief time we've been here. I'll wait.

• We're not innocent in any case, but to call yourself a murderer because you squashed a mosquito?

A bit overdone i think.

• Killing a member of your own species (especially when that species has a higher capacity to understand the world around them, form relationships, etc.) is far worse than killing an animal. Don't be ridiculous. I even say this as an animal lover.

• When an animal create a theory in astrophysics and create tv and high buildings then you tell me they are as precious as us

• What's next are bacteria also as precious as humans are viruses. Animals are not sapient and therefore not entitled to the same rights as humans. It is as simple as that.

• I prefer the term 'conquerer' as I've killed many a spider in my battle ridden youth against the invasion of my kingdom. :v

• Animals are tasty as are plants and fungi... If I were you though, I'd go for slime molds. They're the new rage...

• BECAUSE WE CAN KILL THEM BEFORE THEY CAN KILL US.. DUH

• i dont see dogs browsing the internet.

• Look what we've built and accomplished through the ages and compare it to the lower life forms. No contest.

• As if animals don't hunt and eat each other.

Next.

• In general I value human life much more than I do a different species of animals life. Pretty sure that'd be common to all different animals. Anyways this is some pretty great bait.

• If we can conquer the whole animal kingdom like its nothing, doesn't that make us superior.

• what about those poor skin cells that your body is killing all the time?
    or the mold on the bread you threw away to go to the incinerator?
    these are life forms too...

• Srry baby, do skin cells/mold get cold, lonely, happy, tired or feel any sense of emotions?

• @jjesica346 irrelevant, it is still a form of life that you brutally murder. i thought all life was precious to animal lovers, but clearly they're just hypocrites.

• No, we are superior beings

• Nobody cares PETA

• And killing plants too

• Animals are our food

• Humans are superior, because we are smarter. If you don't take intelligence into account and base it just on the fact that we're all living creatures then plants, fungi and germs would be just as precious as humans

• Doubt it baby, upon your sense of logic, it would be a ok if aliens decided to boil/fry our ass up whenever they felt the need! Obviously they are way smarter than us if they can travel to earth but we can only visit the moon.

• Firstly I never said it's ok to murder animals, just that we are superior. Secondly we do actually have the technology for interstellar travel already, just it's worth waiting till we can do it faster. Thirdly even if we didn't have the technology we are smart enough just haven't done it yet. And lastly, yeah if they were smarter I guess they would be superior to us

• I tried this defense during my murder trial. Didn't work out.

• Why did you choose to remain anonymous, asker?
    I would have been a followers of yours, otherwise.

Humans feel superiorior for hundreds of reasons the most intelligent of them have put in thousands of books and reasonings.
    In fact, the only true reasons they have is that their brain developed much more, making them powerful.
    Despite what they say and believe, they rate anything according to power.
    Many other species I value above them.

• No, that doesn't make you a murderer. Insects aren't sentient beings and neither are most animals. This is so dumb, sorry.

What Girls Said 7

• That's enough internet for today...

• It's really nice that you have posted this. So many people are blind to the fact of animals feeling the same pain as us!!! I became a veggie when I was 5 (now 45). It was my own decision and no I dont have hippie parents for those of you thinking this.

• I feel so insignificant right now!

• love how u threw slug in there as if we all encounter slugs on a daily basis, never seen one lmfao

• get off your high fucking horse

• Vegans and vegetarians have killed bugs too so try again

• Exactly... they are still part of the human race. I was not separaring them from this. XD

• Yea... And animals kill all the time too. Not even always just for food, some sometimes kill for fun. And they torture other animals too, not just outright kill them.

• Don't forget self defense

• Honey.. after this I'm done talking to you. In mass production (where the money is) they are confined, yes to different degrees, are you still following? Good, yay! Now trillions of animals suffer due to this greed, so know the count would be less than 1% if people kept out of it! Dont bother me again, I won't respond!

• @jjesica346 so? That's one situation. Again, not every animal eaten is kept in those conditions. You make points, i point out it's not the case, and you still drivel on, so yes I think it is best if you stop. Well done, first thing you've done right so far.