What's the difference between pride and arrogance?

I think pride is good, being proud of who you are is important because it gives you dignity and people hate and despise people who hate on themselves and their identity (sell outs) but arrogance is toxic, thinking you're better than others because of your backround (social, ethnic...) is childish and moronic.

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• I agree. Arrogance takes it too far, thinking they are better than others. When someone is arrogant, they think they are right or can do no wrong. There's no humility or a willingness to grow.

What Guys Said 13

• Pride often does not make comparisons to other people or their work. For example: "My child is better than anyone's in this room" starts to come off as obnoxious and arrogant.

"I really worked hard to get here and I love my job" tends to be less obnoxious and more like "pride".

Arrogance tends to be very directly targeted at yourself or it has that quality of comparing oneself to someone else. Example: "I'm better than everyone else."

• Pride is being confident in your abilities
    Arrogance is thinking you're better than people

• Agree... As an example:

You can take pride in your work... that it was the best you could do and you got it done.

Arrogance is bragging about how good your work is, and over inflating its true quality.

• People really hate and despise people who hate on themselves? I find it funny to hate myself really, joke about myself so much, won't offend anyone at least that way, lol

• In English lol , pride is when you know your strong and weakness points with being humble and don't look up on people
    Arrogance : is to see yourself as god lol you see you're above everyone else , you did somthing no-one ever did , no-one is like you

But in Arabic we got :الكرامة ، العزة ، التكبر ، الكبرياء
    So choose in Arabic 😛

• One is earned and the other is assumed

• Sound like you answered your own question. Mission accomplished! That was easy!

• That's how I personally see it, I want other opinions haha

• Well then I'll say what others have said: humility mostly.

Pride is simply feeling good about your accomplishments. Arrogance is feeling good about imagined accomplishments of traits. It's thinking your abilities are greater than they really are or that they grant you some sort of privilege.

• Pride is you knowing how good you are.
    Arrogance is you letting everyone else know how good you think you are.

• Pride is being to high and mighty to take help from anyone
    Arrogance means you think you're the shit and you're hella badass

• Usually, Pride is earned and arrogance is unfounded. But even honest pride can become arrogance at a point.

• Proud is constantly trying to improve
    Arrogant is feeling you've done it perfectly

• It doesn't matter who you are, someone will hate you.

• As to your question it comes down to individual interpretation... If you accomplish or experience something most people likely never will people will think you are exaggerating/lying and think you are self absorbed and arrogant even if it's an honest account.

• I'm proud and arrogant lol, cus i believe in myself that much.

What Girls Said 7

• Pride is just that... being proud and knowing you did a good job at something, and accomplished something.

Arrogance is thinking you can do no wrong.

• I agree but people can have pride in being the best at what they do such as athletes or parents of talented children

• Pride and arrogance goes hand in hand I thought.
    Having pride is not good.
    Being arrogant is bad too.

• Pride is pretty much what you said: being proud of who are, where you're from and your race and ethnicity.

Arrogance is when a person thinks they're better than everyone else because of whatever their reasons.

Arrogance annoys the hell out of me. I dont think I'm better than anybody no matter who they are where they're from or whatever their ethnic background is. Sorry about that this reminded me of a guy I met who really thought he was better than and didn't think his shit stinks 😂

• they're both good for the prideful/arrogant person but everyone else uses those as an insult.

• I believe pride is based on self-love while arrogance is based on selfishness.

• arrogance is when you have to shove your pride in everyone's faces and feel the need to look down on others