Can you live without social media?

Most Helpful Girl

• Long winded answer begins now: there are really only three reasons I could think of where a human being wouldn't have access to any kind of social media and is purely by choice, being incarcerated, or being somewhere so remote, there was no access to any kind of electronics or signals for those electronics to function properly, but truly, why would someone who enjoys the use of social media want to live without it?

Social media isn't just stupid meme's and puppy pictures, its parents staying connected with their kids, having easy access to those overseas, its grandparents getting to see their grandkids, it's those in grave political/social situations sharing their plight with others even in restricted airwaves, it's self-employed run businesses easily reaching clients, it's deaf persons being able to easily communicate with one another, and on and on. It's not just frivolity. So many people make social media sound like an absolute cancer and those using it as the cancer multiplying, but rarely do they think of all the good that's available. It's like can you live without a cell phone, yeah sure, up until the moment you're in a car accident and your kids not breathing and you desperately need 9-1-1. I mean it can be done. People do it all the time, but...

Short answer: no.

• Yup. Social media is a tool like anything else, depends on how it is used.

Most Helpful Guy

• Well I CAN... but I would prefer to keep at least Facebook. Such a useful tool to keep up with family and business contacts.

The rest of the social media sites are toys that I can live without.

What Girls Said 12

• No. I use fb chat to talk to my boyfriend who is in the army. I would be very upset. His texting doesn't work because of his obscure location with little cell phone access.

• Yea I did for over a year

• Yes I can, if you mean facebook, twitter, and instagram.

• Yeah ofc

• 100000% I wish we all live without social media :( some people would finally have a life...

• unless I am with all my cousins, uncles and aunt, no. I kind of like Instagram

• Yes I can of course

• Yea obviously

• Yes, easily.

• social media yeah i barely go on but live without internet... id be fucked

• I've always lived without it. I refuse to take part in that self centered, narcissist trash lol

• Yes, I don't really use it other than snapchat :p

What Guys Said 8

• I could, yes.

• I could (and did for quite a while) but I feel like it would be more problematic than anything.

• Can and do also.

• How'd I send receiver noodz without snapchat

• I can, and I do.

• i dunno. i'd need way more cash and a bigger garden.

• Twitter is garbage used by illiterate trash so I can definitely get rid of that.

• No I can't.

• why?

• Because my contact with my friends is too much dependent on this.