If you were to become brain dead or vegetative would you want to be kept on life support?

Just to clear up some terminology.
Brain death means there's completely zero brain function including the stem , clinically dead.
Vegetative state means there's minimal to no activity or in the cortex but some function in the stem that enables respiratory and circulatory function. You might progress into a brain dead state or become minimally conscious or fully recover , no one knows for sure.

• Yes
  • No
What have you done to make sure the doctors will act as according to your wishes prior to the accident?

Most Helpful Girl

• No because what's the point? If I'm brain dead I'm pretty much way beyond repair 😪

Most Helpful Guy

• My grandma was like that after a stroke. We pulled the plug. She was gone already. And yeah. I would have signed a DNR long before that happened to me. Oh. That wouldn't be dead. Right. Fuck it. Pull that shit. Like I'd be happy to stay here. If I'm that close to dying, I wanna just finalize the deal. I'd rather die when I'm asleep, anyway.

What Girls Said 10

• I already had thia talk with my family and I decided that whenever it gets too expensive then they can take me off life support. I don't want my family to be stuck in crippling debt.

• Just kill me then. What's the point of living if you can't do anything other than breathe?

• Basically, the person is already dead when you're brain dead. A machine is just keeping the body alive so, no. They need to do me a favor, end my body's suffering.

• No dont keep me breathing on a ventilator and a million other things. just out me asap. Donate my organs and dont get attatched

• Absolutely not. I would not want to live like that or be a burden to someone.

• No pull the plug what would the point be?

• If it was my decision yes, I wouldn't want it to be ruled as suicide...

• No, let me go.

• If I'm brain dead then give my organs to people who need them.

• I wouldn't. I'd feel like a burden to my family and in a sense to me I'd already be dead. So no, might as well take me off life support.

What Guys Said 9

• No, I would want to be put out of my misery as soon as possible.

• A doctor can announce a patient brain dead whether they are or aren't. People have come out of brain dead comas and been fine. If there was no hope, then I wouldn't really see a point. That's never known though.

• Yes I've heard that they can still hear everything so I'd be fine just put some earphones in while I wait to potentially recover.

• Hmmm good question, probably would roll the dice.

• If it comes to that I would want someone close to put me out of my misery.

• Hell no. Pull the plug.

• kenny

• What is with all these dark questions recently?

• Nope pull the plug.