Do you think certain animals have no purpose to even exist?

Not not to mean but I believe cockroaches, centipedes, other venomous crawlies, jellyfishes (sea wasp box jellyfish, Portuguese man o’ war, etc) , Asian giant hornet and a couple other creatures have no purpose of existing.

To me any creature that's very disgusting, can make you feel sick, pass out diseases or kill you has no reason to be here on earth.

Now there are some animals I love such as dolphins, whales, cats or even wild animals as long as they're held captive.

It's just those on the list that I really find disgusting.

Most Helpful Guy

• bugs are usually the most worthless things on this planet. Flys, mosquitos and roachers are extremely disgusting and should be annihalated

• Finally certain people get me. Mosquitos from other places I've heard they can even kill people at a faster rate.

• @Curmudgeon If pest control was doing there job, i'm pretty sure these disgusting things would be dead by now.
      There are people in china with roach farms and the only thing more gross than that is that they eat them. Not all but some do

• Pests are amazingly resilient and adaptable creatures. They can be controlled and temporarily eradicated, but permanently, they always come back.

Most Helpful Girl

• no. biologically, all animals have a place in maintaining the functionality of the food chain. when one species goes extinct, it creates a gap, and it takes a lot of time for other species to adapt and fill that gap, if they can.

What Guys Said 18

• We have pest control services for a reason. The reality is that humanity, ever since we have understood pests, has been battling them.

• Those animals are all part of the food chain, just like we humans are, in case we keep forgetting that we are also part of the food chain.

Those animals exist as potential "prey" and food source or food supply for some other animal (s) that are capable of eating them in order to survive.

• We don't really have a purpose either. Some even say that all the other species on the planet would be better off if humans didn't exist.

• Yeah like feminazis? OOHHHHH

• Humans can be disgusting, can pass on diseases and certainly kill you lol.

• They don't go on killing you at the rate of let's say Asian, giant hornets. It would be one specific bastard that cheats and gives you a disease.

I just find those creatures I've mention honestly repulsive. If I felt something crawling and it happen to be a median-big centipede, I would not be happy at all.

• Everything in the world is equally meaningless.
    My existence has no more value than that of housefly.
    That is not say that nothing should ever be killed.
    As death is utterly intertwined with life.
    It is in fact the same process.

• Nope, everything as a purpose, everything exists for a reason.

• I get it and yes worms are needed to eat decaying corpses.

However, what is the purpose of those Asian, giant hornet being there? It has done nothing but kill people in Eastern Asia, steals honey from honey bee colonies and are plain aggressive?

• Wasps/Hornets eat insect pests like flies, caterpillars and beetle larvae and keep their population at proper rates.

• How Fucking dare you! I love my pet sludgeworm and maggot and I will kill for them.

• I think most of us just finds their appearances so repulsive that we end up wondering why are they here on earth and for what purpose.

However, I love the other animals I've mention on my update.

• They all serve a purpose yes but do I think some of them are stupid hahha yesss.

• Every creature has its place in the natural order and has an absolute right to exist.

• the worst logic ever.

• So you have never find a creature to be such a pest and annoying that you wonder what's the purpose of it even existing?
      Ok so most do actually have a purpose. However, I don't see the purpose of the Asian, giant hornets bring? They have done more harm than benefits to the people in East Asia.

• **found

• a nearsighted view of any animal will show imbalance. overall the japanese hornets keep the honeybee population in check. the only species that's a pest is us.

• These creatures, whether it be the food chain or something else, they create a balance on this Earth

• No, They are part of the ecosystem, you take one away and it can cause massive ecological catastophe

• I hate mosquitos but they NEED to exist because they are a necessary part of the ecosystem

• Everything has it's purpose but I can't seem to find one for Wasps, mosquitos, and parasites (tapeworms, ticks). I don't know maybe to keep certain populations down.

• if they are strong enough natural selection lets them live

• Asian giant hornet is dangerous

• so because you find them repulsive means they don't deserve to exist?

• some aren't just repulsive but can kill you such as the Asian, giant hornet. Those mainly attack a human in a large group. They have done nothing but harm to people living in East Asia.

• "They have done nothing but harm to people living in East Asia."

unlike bees they are very aggressive like wasps, i will admit, however, also like bees and wasps, hornets pollinate.

• I do hate jellyfish and centipedes.

• Good to hear I'm not alone. Honestly, if I walk into my room and found dozens of centipedes, I'm not going to be a happy camper.
      I would want the pest control professional to get rid of them ASAP. I don't really care what they do good. They are freaking disgusting and I've heard on articles that their sting hurts like hell.

What Girls Said 8

• Whenever I think that an animal has no use I always find out that they do. Like did you possums actually help control the tick population?

• ugh yes. coyotes. stupid animals who attack innocent pets.
    no reason to be here, in my opinion.

• "Wild animals as long as they're held captive"

I just gave myself a headache from rolling my eyes so hard.

• Ok for example, I like Komodo Dragons as well as Anacondas but someone would have to be insane to let one loose or keep it as pet.

• Yeah but teawrecks people let them loose in Florida were they have taken over and destroyed other native snakes. Its a huge problem there.

• @akadatank44 that's not the snakes fault. That's human stupidity.

• teleological reasoning is considered mostly invalid to explain nature.

Especially the teleological reasoning in this question that is made around the arrogant notion that other living beings' purpose is to be helpful/nice to humans.

• all creatures even ones human consider pests exist for a reason, they're all part of a food web and if they were to be extinct/die out then it would affect a whole number of other species so nope

just because you find some animals annoying/disgusting doesn't mean they don't have a purpose lol

• Thank you for the input. Though, it the list I've mention I believe it would benefit people from Eastern Asian if the giant hornets just disappear. I'm trying to find what benefits do those specific pests bring when they're very aggressive, have killed humans and feeds on all the honey from honey bee colonies.

• **beneficial

• actually it's correct... but yeah I don't see what those giants are good for

• Everything in the world has a purpose. They outnumber each other in some way or another. So your way of thinking needs to be changed, do some research about what you mentioned and see why cockroaches and jellyfish and sea wasps exist.

• everything created has its purpose as far as I know

• We need them all, not just cute ones.