Thoughts regarding Great Britain leaving the EU?

Personally I have mixed views about leaving and staying, but I prefer in. What about the rest of you?

Most Helpful Girl

• i have no opinion tbh. I just have questions.
    1. why did they wanna leave so bad?
    2. what will happen to the country from there?

sorry if they sound dumb, I'm just not that informed on it all yet.

• No they don't sound dumb at all.

1. basically my theory is the our current right wing governemnt want to cut more on social services and impose more work hours on workers and have the money for themselves, but also big corporations and banks have the upper hand due to EU regulations, leaving m=gives us more leverage and more freedom of how we want to rule our country without the big boys.

2. No one knows, it could either way. I think we'll be fine, the UK is full of experienced politicians and bankers etc. :)

• I think that this has really pissed off European leaders.

The reason is if uk voted to stay EU would have a chance to exist. Had a chance of collapsing but would still exist.

Now that UK has left it has given material for Italy eurosxeptics to leave too.

Aka the EU will now self destruct as countries leave one by one. It's doomed and the EU leaders now know it.

• It hasn't damaged relations with all European countries. Some yes some no. The relations aren't damaged too strongly as to they can not be mended. The problem is it has set a precedent, other countries in EU are looking at how UK will fare & then decide to leave EU themselves. UK always had a not so smooth relationship with EU.

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 1

What Guys Said 18

• Personally, I would have preferred it if Britain had remained an EU member. I'm not from Britain, so it doesn't directly concern me but I believe the decision will have a lot of bad consequences on the UK. Most of the things that the "leavers" talked about were actually not true. For example immigration will remain JUST THE SAME after this decision. Nothing will change. How do I know this? I'm from Switzerland. We're not in the EU. BUT we still have to obey the EU laws and immigration. If we didn't, the EU would simply tell us "you know what Switzerland, go fuck yourself. Find someone else to trade with". No country can afford that. Neither Switzerland, nor Norway, nor Great Britain.
    The main thing that will change for Britain is the economic stuff. And here, the changes will be bad. The UK will still have to obey the EU regulations without having a say in the EU parliament.

The EU-referendum in the UK reminded me a little of when the Swiss people passed a referendum to make minarets illegal in 2009. There's absolutely no rational reason to ban minarets. It didn't make us safer, it doesn't have any influence on the muslims (mosques are obviously still legal), everything remains exactly the same. The only difference is that it makes some conservative people FEEL better. It's an emotional thing. The same goes for the EU referendum. None of the "leavers" actually cared about facts, numbers, truths etc. What mattered to them were feelings. They had this idea of the EU as evil dictatorship and now they're happy they've "freed" themselves. It's pointless to even argue with these people because they are inaccessible for rational arguments. They just want to feel better.

• Sorry but Britain has a history of telling European powers to go fuck themselves.

• @jacquesvol indeed but not so good for anyone that works for the E. U.

• @Righttobeararms83 British EU employees will have to start looking for a new job.
      Since most of them didn't get that job on skills only their network will easily find them a new job.
      Not a real problem thus: cash 1 yr salary severance pay and restart in some company or administration. They might gain on it.

• In the start it will have negative impacts on the UKs economy - but in the long run its the best decision they could make. I just hope they pull through it and don't use some laws that essentially still tie their sovereignity to the EU even if they aren't a member anymore.

• I agree, kind words coming from a German :P I thought you'd bash us haha

• Nah. I just hope this entire corrupt construct called EU is going down. And take Merkel with it since she is part of the establishment.

• My toughts, its too early for anything. The main push to get a referendum was because of immigration. Then how the EU was able to exert itself, people making decisions were unelected, EU has become federalist. Which obviously many people weren't happy about.

I voted to remain in EU. I respect the decision people made, it was unfortunate it was huge disparity between older generation and younger generation. I voted to remain in EU but I still wasn't happy with mass immigration from EU, and Germany's handling of refugee crisis, Germany imposing that on other states.

The biggest concern now is the economy. The fear was 'The City' bankers would now leave the EU, other companies may follow. What are negotians with EU going to be like. Does UK actually have what it takes to go alone, what about BRIC nations. Norway still had to accept freedom of movement, this was the main contention so how would EU react to that.

Next few months will determine what happens, its still too early. Markets are shaky obviously that was predicted hopefully they bounce back.

• I know remain was most probably a better choice, hope we improve

• @Righttobeararms83 Yeah, that weakened the project to begin with. Those countries weren't ready to join EU.

• Their joining didn't benefit the E. U. and they shouldn't have been allowed to join especially Greece with a history of not paying their debts.

• We should NOT accept a vote that was 'won' under false pretences, the leave campaigners lied in their financial claims, lied about immigration and lied about the democracy in the EU.
    They did not morally win, why were they allowed to lie to the people, without robust refutation of their claims? Why did the electoral commission not have the ability to correct the misleading claims.
    The leave brigade have no right whatsoever to claim victory, and the senior politicians involved know it, they lied about everything and the responses from both Labour and conservative politicians were pathetic.
    How can anybody 'win' a referendum that was full of misleading crap, if their claims had not been allowed the public would not have been mislead and the result would have been, decisively, to remain.
    I am, disgusted,

• again not as many leave voters were as swayed by BREXIT politicians as you might think even Rupert Murdochs Sun newspaper selling for 20p to beat the BREXIT doesn't change the conditions in Britain for the working class voter- sky high rents, high mortgages, low wages, food banks, mass immigration, high university fees, the decay of the NHS, mass youth unemployment, refugee influx, high Tax's and VAT, low pensions. Most leave voters had their minds made up on Europe years ago and the E. U referendum much like the Scottish referendum didn't just appear out of nowhere but has been on the agenda for years.

• BTEXIT politicians U-turning on the desperate promises they made when they thought they were losing is good because it damages thrir political credibility

• Preferred in, but not too bothered. Wish the leavers had some kind of definitive plan laid out before the vote rather than, "Oh we'll see how it goes".

Chances are though since it's non-legally binding, it's going to be buried under miles of red tape. We'll be "out" of the EU but end up with essentially a similar deal.

• They let themselves be fooled.
    They deserve to be out of the EU.
    Farewell, no bye, bye. Enjoy the Commonwealth and the USA.

• I just hope the whole thing doesn't collapse.

• it will be great for the country.

• I don't know but my life right now is like oooooo ahhhh 😜

• I feel like most of the people who voted leave haven't done their research.

• I say good luck to the UK's and the world's economy, RIP in peace

• It was a good move.

• Good for them

• Really, scotland probably leaving and a united Ireland is GOOD FOR THEM.
      Thats not good, thats fucking balkanization

• 'Can someone say Balkanization

• My thoughts as an American:

"Why?"

• Honestly I'm surprised it took you guys this long.

• I think the UK should be on their own. Why deal with the other European countries, their problems & economies.
    To me it's like if the US & Canada combined that would be OK, but the US & Mexico wouldn't work out to well.

• idc and i have no idea what UE is