Does anybody here use cloud storage?

I need to because my phone is getting too full but I'm scared. Can I really delete all my pics after I put them in cloud? I'm soooo scared they'll go forever.
And any recommendations on which ones are good will be great too.
Thanks.

And can't people hack it?

Most Helpful Guy

• Are you using iOS or Android?

• Android. And I've got just over 6gb of pics and videos according to this thing I installed.

• No problem :) the cable is really cheap anyway, about 2 or 3 British pounds, but make sure it has positive reviews. Also I am not sure if your phone has a micro SD card slot, but if it has that then its better to use a micro SD card.

• Thanks for the mho :)

What Guys Said 8

• If you have Google Photos (which you almost certainly do), it will back up your pics to Google's cloud. Unlike iCloud, there hasn't been any significant breaches or data losses - that kind of thing is what Google is best at.

And about a year ago, Google relaxed its restrictions, so now you can upload UNLIMITED numbers of pictures as long as they are 16 mega-pixels or less, for free. If you have a camera that supports larger pictures than that (mostly SLRs, not cell phones), then you can either let Google shrink them down to 16 MP (still huge and detailed) or you can pay for more storage if you need more than the 15 GB they give you for free to share between Gmail, Google Drive, and Photos. Most people don't need to worry, because most pics are taken with cell phones at below 16 MP.

I recommend setting Photos only to backup your pics when you're on WiFi, at least until all of your existing pics are uploaded. Going forward, if you want more immediate cloud access to pics you've just taken, you can let it upload your new pics using cellular data. Otherwise, leave the "only sync when on WiFi" left on.

• Yeah I use it but only for transporting files. Cloud storage can be "hacked". If you're worried about privacy and security spider oak would be the way to go.

https://spideroak.com/

Or just transfer the pictures to USB. It's a good idea to have multiple backups in case you lose one

cf.girlsaskguys.com/.../...5-8c96-3084de77c375.gif

• I personally don't use the cloud storage.

I don't want my personal data to be on the clouds and someone hacks it and then my data is open to view for everyone.

I have a Hard-disk and 3 UBS-Sticks, all the data that I need is stored on them, they can't all fail at the same time.

I chose what information do I want to put on the cloud and what I don't, I wouldn't want my pictures to be uploaded or my families pictures to be uploaded there at all, but that's just me.

I think the most concern this young generation has these days is their private nude fotos to be leaked online, which for starters i wouldn't even consider putting on the cloud storage to begin with, I mean you are just asking there to be hacked into.

• Can I put it on USB from my phone? And it's not even really nudes I'm most worried about, it's just having my face, my nieces nephews etc faces on something that could be open. Like I'm just paranoid about that kinda stuff.

• As for the Cloud-Storge, you can chose which data you want to put there, which wouldn't compromise your safety or makes you feel uncomfortable (if hacked or exposed).

• Thank you so much. Really helpful. I'm going to look into both and see what I should buy.

• I use cloud storage for photos, AND I have them backed up on a flash drive or SD card.

Cloud storage is awesome, but I don't fully trust it yet like you do.

• I would only put it on the cloud if I encrypted the data first in case it gets hacked. There are plenty of programs to encrypt your data using a cipher key. Even then, I would have a Hard Disk backup for long term storage. Flash Drive information can degrade over time and isn't meant to be kept more than 7-10 years.

• All the articles I like are saved in the cloud, so is a copy of my photos.

• I just use Dropbox, it is among the highest rated cloud services out there, but the free storage is only 2GB and premium options are quite expensive.
    One of the more popular ones is Google Drive.
    Not sure how accessible they are from your phone.

• what do you need 129829048 pictures for

What Girls Said 0