Are LGBT supporters bigots?

• Yes
  • No
  • Most
Explain your answer
Bigot: a person who is intolerant toward those holding different opinions.

Most Helpful Girl

• Absolutely.
    Example: The boycott Chil Fil A
    hoopla a few years ago.

I don't understand why the fuck does it matter if someone personally does not accept their lifestyle. And? I'm sure some people don't accept my lifestyle and I don't care😞 As long as u love and accept YOURSELF then that's what really matters. Of course they deserves rights just like everyone else and they should not be harm because of their sexual orientation but if someone does not believe in homosexuality they want to jump down a person's throat, boycott this and boycott that. That part I just don't get.

• I am glad that at least one girl has not allowed herself to be brainwashed by the insanity of the Left.

Most Helpful Guy

• Some are, some aren't.
    There's people from the LGBT community, that even though they don't agree with those who disagree with their lifestyle, tolerate their opinions.
    Same with those who don't support the LGBT community, which are often called bigots. They may not agree with them, but it doesn't mean they don't tolerate them.

Most of what we see from the LGBT community is bigotry, because they want to impose their views and beliefs on everyone, not being tolerant to any different views.
    But usually those who make the most noise, tend to be the worst (we see this in most movements like with feminists and liberals).

I support the LGBT community, not the bigots. I'm also tolerant toward the opinions on those who don't support the LGBT community. Though I disagree with them, they have every right to not support them, as long as they tolerate them.

What Girls Said 7

• Hmm, yeah, you could say so. I mean, plenty of homophobic people may call me a bigot because I refuse to respect their view that a relationship I may have is of any less value or worth than theirs.

• How are they homophobic? Are they scared to touch you or come close to you?

• Except that no one is forcing them to do anything. By making same sex marriage an option, it is giving more people the chance to get married. No one is forcing straight couples to get married to someone of their own sex, are they? They aren't being forced into anything. Nothing changes for them. However, if same sex marriage is banned, then that does change things for many couples as they lose the right to get married to the person they love. Therefore, if we think that bigots are those who cannot accept other's thoughts, we cannot consider LGBTQ+ people to be bigots because they don't try to force straight people to get married, but we can consider homophobic people bigots because they try to force non-straight people to conform and not get married.

• All you're talking about is what actually happens. A bigot has to do with different views.

• by definition yea. they aren't tolerant of others views. But then again how many people aren't by definition a bigot?

• Trying to call people who are genuinely concerned about the rights of their children, siblings, friends... trying to call them bigots, that will probably back fire.

• I don't know are people who oppose slavery biggots?

#TrollFail

• Isn't it the other way around lmao? You've got this whole thing backwards, bud.

• Not really. I mean, it goes both ways. Many people from the LGBT community are intolerant towards those who disagree with their lifestyle. That's bigotry.

• Well, I think pedophilia and being anti-LGBT is veeeery different.
      You can be against LGBT, but never lay a hand on them, never insult them, never stop them from living their life, just simply not agree with what they do. A pedophile abuses kids.
      I'm pro-LGBT, but I'm not gonna hate those who are anit-LGBT as long as they tolerate LGBT people's lifestyle.

I understand your point of view, but I can't agree on it, since I support any kind of opinion as long as it doesn't promote violence, and it's tolerant.

• @AleDeEurope
      I don't mean pedophiles themselves, but people who aren't pedophiles but just think there's nothing wrong with the "lifestyle". The pro-pedophilia people who aren't pedophiles themselves. There's probably not many out there who hold that view, but still! Besides, not every pedophile abuses kids.

I realize it's probably not the best example but really didn't know what else to compare it to, lol.

I'm just too passionate about the whole LGBT community, so seeing anyone say that it's a mental illness and whatnot makes me mad. I don't go out of my way to full on attack them or anything though, but I honestly don't mind if others do that.

It's hard as fuck for me being friends with anti-LGBT people. I try to avoid them at the best of my ability. If that makes me a bigot, then I'm more than happy to be one.

• How do you figure that?

• Thats for you to answer.

Are they bigots? (bigot: a person who is intolerant toward those holding different opinions.)

• Please do elaborate.

• They call them homophobic as a derogatory term.
      Anytime they hear an opposing opinon, they are called opressors and people who want to improsin others and take away their rights.
      and other things are said.

Rarely do you hear that you have your right to your opinion and I have my right, without being labeled as someone who hates,

• How?

What Guys Said 11

• Why would it make you a bigot to fight for tolerance and people treating each other with civility?

• because a bigot is a person who does not respect other people's view.

a person who is intolerant toward those holding different opinions.

• Your definition was wrong. A bigot is a person who makes rules or preaches certain things without sticking to them himself.
      You said "because a bigot is a person who does not respect other people's view". That's wrong. You can be disrespect someone's views without being a bigot.
      Plus, the conjunction "because" that you used clearly indicates that it was a reason since I used the question word WHY.

• Its not my definition. Its the real definition.

What you described is a hypocrite.

• Elaborate on your question first. Why the question of whether or not LGBT supporters are bigots? I need some background to work with.

• Yes

The bakery fiasco.

No longer is it about living and letting live but about the citizens of Sodom and Gomorrah trying to force their way into Lot's home. Tolerance in reality just means compliance.

• You can't possibly put everyone in a specific box. There are plenty of religious people who aren't homo/transphobic, and there are plenty of LGBTQ people who are bigots.

I get miffed when someone doesn't support equal rights, because one community's beliefs shouldn't dictate the law, but I won't be intolerant towards them.
    I know people who would be intolerant towards them, and it just becomes a vicious circle of hate. I know a lot more people, however, who wouldn't. I also know a lot of people who are religious who support equal rights, but that's just the area I live in.

It changes anywhere you go.

• Their goal is to fight bigotry by supporting gays, but they do it so much to the point that the pendulum has swung so far the other way and now THEYRE biggots towards people who don't support it. It's kinda funny

• Certain ones are

• Have found a growing number of them become bigoted over heterosexuals... especially men.

• Some of them, mainly the liberal Democrat LGBTs but not all.

• I would think so

• Other way round.

• Has anyone ever tried arguing a different view? The majority of the members of any organization such as these won't have it. That doesn't mean that they or what they believe in is wrong but you better not dare believe in something else xD