What is the point of Shameing people for what they do?

As in music Shameing, slut shameing, fat shameing. Then there's a bunch of mumbojumbo that isn't real that people make up so others feel bad for them as in skinny Shameing or fitness shameing.
#Wtf

Most Helpful Guy

• People like to put other people down due to their own insecurities, messed up personal beliefs, or because they're really shitty people.

Most Helpful Girl

• It probably makes them feel powerful or lets out some steam. Thing is, most who do that probably receive criticism poorly themselves so it makes me wonder what the point of perpetuating shaming is...

What Guys Said 9

• I'm guessing you're fat, given how you don't think skinny shaming is real.

Anyways, shaming is bad, but it's worse to accept people's bad habits. Shaming is a way of getting rid of bad things.
    So though I don't agree with shaming, as I believe talking things through and explaining why being fat is wrong, I'd rather shame than tell people it's ok to be fat.

• I do it purely for the joy it brings.

• If thats a joke not funny, if you're serious then your a dick

• i seriously dont get it too, i think people are stupid and have nothing to do thats why they spread hate

• i like it when people do it in a degrading way since it reminds me how much of a dirty dirty man slag i am :)

• So they can feel a sense of superiority

• well i think that many people think that cheater shaming is ok and i think it is too.

• Who knows why people do it

• I strongly suspect that you shame on something.

• Nope i just feel that everyone is different, diffrent hair, diffrent skin, diffrent body and thats fine

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 5

1 private opinion(s)