Cloning dinosaurs: for it or against it?

"A pregnant Tyrannosaurus rex has been found, and not only will this discovery lead to an improved understanding on how laying eggs evolved, but scientists may be able to acquire dinosaur DNA and unravel the dinosaur genome."

This article is from March, granted. But I've been thinking about it.

Are you pro dinosaur cloning or anti dinosaur cloning?

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• For.
    I would have a one as a pet

What Guys Said 23

• I don't know where you got this article but it's wrong. Dinosaur cloning is not possible. DNA can survive for a few thousand years if it is preserved under very favorable conditions but it can't survive for 65 million years. It's biologically impossible.

• Lol that proves it, the Flintstones takes place in the future.

67.media.tumblr.com/.../...veZeAC1t1bsgno1_500.gif

• I'm against any kind of cloning. Leave mother nature alone. She knows what she's doing far better than stupid humans. Invasive species are already a huge problem in many places. Cloning long extinct species would be disastrous.

If I wanna see dinosaurs I'll use my time machine. I have one in the basement. I got it on sale at Time Machine-R-Us.

• www.neoteo.com/.../...5E7D000005DC-258_634x461.jpg
    In all seriousness, I'm not really pro or anti dinosaur cloning. If we do it, we do it I guess.

• I feel like you're confusing the Jurassic Park novel with a news article. Easily done...

• I beg your pardon, but have you seen Jurassic Park? I'm totally against it :-)

• Lol Jurassic Park won't happen, we have some nice ass Apache Helicopters that they ain't adapted to. I'm for it

• DNA decays over time. Dinosaur DNA is so old it'd be impossible to find a decent sample. where did you read this?

• It could never happen but I wouldn't mind if scientists made dinosaurs. Like we can actually remake the wooly mammoth, I'm all for that.

• We have four movies that can act as our guides on what NOT to do to survive the revival of Jurassic fucking Park. Let's do this shit!

• Against!! Its tough handling just one 😉

• There's a series of high quality films that show why this is an awful idea.

• Its a movie. Would you find it fun to watch a dinosaur movie where everything is going according to plan and dinosaurs remain in their enclosures and nothing ever happens?

• Cool. I couldn't care less.

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ opinions gonna opinion bro

• for it , i like to see it alive personally , it is great idea, there are 7 billion person on earth couple of trexses wouldn't be a problem

• Against it. I don't want you cloned teawrecks. Even you're tiny, you are than enough 😜

• Sure that will kick ass

• Have you seen Jurassic Park... ?

• Yes! And it better happen in my life time!

• You're young af you have a whole lifetime ahead of you, I don't think that's something you'll have to worry about.

It'll happen and I'll be jealous af bc my old ass will be dead 😂

• I'm 24 in 2 weeks. 😭

• It's ok I'll help you feel better :)

• We already have you. We can just clone you and have T- wrecks' roaming the planet😝

• 😂 did expect you to ask this kinda question

• Leave the poor dinosaur's alone please.
    Let them rest in pieces.

• does no one watch how the jurasik park movies end with all the people being eaten lol

• Yeah as long as they don't go crazy and terrorize the earth

• it's like people havn't watched Jurassic Park...

What Girls Said 7

• There are 4 movies as to why that is a bAD idea, along with thats $$ being wasted on something potentially dangerous, ALSO the last animal they cloned ended up dying quickly and couldnt reproduce 

• Or there are 4 movies to tell us what we shouldn't do

• @Pac-Man No but the moves still show what could go wrong if they did that. Im not saying it'll be verbatum or anything

• No...

It's not like we could train them not to eat us. They would just kill us all.

• I'm only pro-herbivorous-dinosaur-cloning.

• i dont understand why they care so fucking much. Maybe they can focus on real problems like mental illness, disease, hunger. You know the important things.

• Actually learning cloning could actually have a lot of medical benefits. Think about it; for one thing if cloning were perfected enough there would be no need for organ transplant waiting lists, one could just clone the organ you need from a biopsy of said organ

• Making a 'test tube baby' is one thing, but growing a living breathing organ or a new arm with nerves etc. is far harder

• @Tomsta yea but like i said designer babies are going to eliminate the need for it.

• Against, we have already seen how that shit goes down in Jurassic park! :P

• Yeah, I see nothing going wrong there...

• no way. too much trouble