Do you prefer to own a car and drive? or use subway/buses? Or rented cars?

for everyday travel (going to work, store, etc)

Most Helpful Guy

• I live in London and its much easier to travel by tube or bus because you dont have to worry about parking.

• I'm guessing you have an Oyster card right?

• When I was in London I got one simply because it was more efficient. I think you can use cash, I'm not sure.
      In Toronto a similar system called Presto is growing but it will take a few years to reach the extent that the Oyster card has.

• Thanks for the mho!

What Guys Said 25

• I'm from California, and more specifically from the suburbs. Public transit sucks, and everything is designed with cars in mind. I drive EVERYWHERE. Even when I go to NYC, I have to have my own car, so I can go where I want when I want, without having to rely on anyone else.

Being independent is a big deal to me.

• Car = more freedom. Rather get to a place in about 15 mins in my car than 75 mins because of walking and waiting for public transport.

• Owning a car and driving it. :) I live in the USA though, in a specific area of it with limited public transportation that makes traveling to many destinations inconvenient and more time consuming than driving is. So having a car and driving is the greatest freedom out of those choices.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BnOgg4JCYAA7A_s.jpg

• Since I live in the city, there's no point in having a car, so I prefer the subway.
    If I ever lived out of a big city, then I would rather have a car.

• Definitely car. We have a pretty good public transport here in Germany and its helpful in many cases - but I prefer being flexible with my own car most of the time. The exclusion is rush hour driving. There I definitely prefer chilling in public transport.

• Car, although impractical in London most of the time so i like using the underground too. I go out of town often though my own car is the best then.

• Driving and it's even close. I have never used a bus except a school bus and when livI ed in and the Italy only time go on a train is when I go to the city, which is like once a year

• I would definitely prefer walking or public transportation over car. Then again, I don't have a car, but I don't really need one in the city I live in.

• If I were back in the city, I'd prefer buses and trains as it's faster and reliable. But if I were back in the city I used to life in (buttfuck nowhere MN) I NEED my own car. Not old enough to rent really.

• Own car. I don't live anywhere near where I could pick up public transportation

• I don't particularly like it, but multiple car ownership and driving is a must for me.

• Own a car yamama

• lol : D

• Haha but seriously, like for groceries, one could walk, but when you're going to visit someone, going shopping or going to work (that is far away), then its more comforting with personal transportation.
      Parking? Thats something one needs to master haha

• gotcha :)

• Own a car, that's how i roll.

• I have a car for winters. In the summer I move around by bike/on foot.

• Most of the time, I use the subway or walk.

• Walk to work. Drive on the weekends. I hate public transportation.

• A car since its faster to get around.

• Subway/buses.. I hate driving xD

• I own a car but the darn thing is very hard to start!

• I prefer to own a car for sure. Can basically go anywhere I want anytime I want.

• Subway/bus it's better for the enviroment

• Own car 😉

• I don't do public transport

Really mix with the general public are you made?

• At the moment, I like bussing because it's cheaper.

• 1. This should have been a poll so we can better gauge the results
    2. My own car

What Girls Said 16

• I have my own car, but for my daily commute and other things in the city, I prefer to take transit. It's easier and I don't have to empty my wallet for parking.

I use my car when I leave the more close knit areas of the city or when I have a lot of stuff to take back home, like groceries and such. Also when I have to take my dogs to the vet and the weather is shit (normally we walk to the vet).

My husband's been using the car daily now since he works in a more suburban area.

• Own a car.

I do own two cars, though. It's much easier for me, since I live in Tallinn/Estonia.

• Own. But I live in the woods so there's that

• I prefer to own a car/motorbike and drive/ride

• the bus or walking
    i am scared of driving :(

• own a car of course
    and that s my current situation.
    anw it depends on the country you live in
    in lebanon public transportation sucks

• I prefer to drive myself wherever I need to go.

• I own a car and drive.

• I would love to have my own car... but on my everyday would rather go with the public transportation. They go faster and don't get caught up in traffic which we have a lot...

• Have my own car.
    But i live kinda in the middle of nowhere with lots of commuting.

• Definitely own a car and drive. I'll be buying one soon, public transport sucks.

• I have no choice there is no public transit where I live I I own a vehicle.

• Since I don't know how to drive, I prefer using public transport.

• Since I live in a big city with tons of transportation, a car would be a burden.

• I love trains, I'd go by train. Else I'd go by car

• The congestion is a bitch. I prefer walking or the underground