Is it usual in clubs, photographer asks for taking a single pic?

I was in a popular club. After dancing sometimes, I came back in the side place to rest alone. So basically that club has an official photographer. He came to me and asked whether he can take a pic of me. Anyway I said yes and he said to pose in front of crowd and he took few pic of me.

I noticed before official photographers took picture of crowd dancing in the floor. So I'm wondering what his intention in this case?

What Girls Said 1

• Sometimes they take pics of individuals if they're dressed good too or just look good in general. It's good advertising.

What Guys Said 2

• Yeah, they usually post them on their FB page as for of advertisement. It helps them shoe the kind of crowd they would hope to have.

• I guess it's for marketing purposes for the club.

• Yes, but they naturally take pic of group celebration or random people dancing. But that guy came to me when I was far from dance floor resting in a dark place.