Do you accept defeat in life easily or not and why?

let's say life throws you something (a job you want, a relationship you are trying to make happen, a family that has drama, kids, hard job, terrible neighbor, bad health, bad looks, or whatever) do you have determination or do you just drop it.
Let's say you have been married 10 years but you are emotionally drained and they don't care to show affection on you anymore, they just complain about you every second they get and show you they can care less about you. NO matter how much counseling. do you keep going or divorce?
Lets say you have a terrible family member, they just want to leech off you and steal everything from you and live like they are your 5 year old kid although they are much older than you. do you continue to give them your all or drop.
Let's say you have always wanted a successful career, but your spouse wants you to stay at home with kids and just do everything for the kids and them. do you do that or do you you drop?
do you drop what everyone else wants you to do and follow your dreams or do you do what everyone else wants you to do?
are you a determined to make you happy or them happy?

• yah I accept defeat pretty easily
  • no, I am a fighter till the end

Most Helpful Guy

• It depends if I see a chance to alter the situation but, I will accept defeat if it's staring in my face.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it's about having people in my life that support my goals and visions, not try to bring down or drastically come in the way. I think that's what matters, having supportive and caring people who understand and accept balance

What Guys Said 9

• I've gotten good at recognizing fights I can win vs those that are just a waste of time & energy.

I *was* married for 10 years. And I finally realized I was wasting time and energy. So I gave her her walkin papers.

If I can't win a battle, I don't fight it. If it can't be won, it's obviously not very bloody important. That's resources (time + energy) I could be using for something else. If it CAN be won, I'm going to win.

• I now just take the period to steel myself but I found my brain may not be suitable to face the world. So I try to understand the fault comparing to the world.
    I saw an elder who similar you question. His wife is not beautiful here. Local joke make fun of it, Your wife is safe at least you dont need to worry about it.
    But she elope with a white guy that make the elder get melancholia.
    I try to understand his state, it seem that elope with a white guy that is more serious than the same race with him.

• US Military Warrior Ethos

I live by this Ethos

I will always place the mission first.

( "I will never accept defeat." )

( "I will never quit." )

I will never leave a fallen comrade.

• accepted defeat in life years ago, that hasn't changed and likely never will.

• It's not so much about defeat or victory
    Life occurs spontaneously
    You don't have to do anything at all
    Yet everything is done

• you think so? if I don't pay all the bills someone will pay them? If I don't cook dinner my kids will just be fed? If I don't clean the house the house will just be cleaned? If i don't buy groceries we will just have groceries? If I don't wash the laundry it will just be washed? I hope you are right. I might try this this week.

• If you didn't have the notion that those things required effort they wouldn't seem difficult to accomplish. And yes, you live spontaneously until you die. There is not a single thing that you must consciously do to keep yourself alive. Just as there is no effort in hearing or seeing. It simply happens even though many complex processes are at work.

Ofcourse the ruthless pragmatism of the world may make it seem otherwise. But really, deep down, you know it's all quite absurd.

• I like your view point

• If it's something I care deeply about, I won't accept defeat, otherwise, for most things, I don't give a damn.

• I'm a fighter.

• All depends on whether it is fair or not.

• Only and only when the consiquences are severe and continuing on would be more of an drag than anything else.
    If not that, and if something is on the line, like my pride, then I'm too stubborn to give up, even for my own good.

What Girls Said 1

• Nope, I will push as much as I can until there is nothing left to push for. Even then, I'm still not satisfied.