What must it feels like to missed a penalty shot?

I know football is just a game but imagine if it's your turn and you missed a penalty shot.

Then because of that, your team losses. It would suck to be in that position.

Even worse... what if that's something you're usual good at but you missed it right on that day during the penalty shoot-outs.

Most Helpful Guy

• I think every soccer player at some point has missed a penalty shot... not many have had it cost them the game though. Let me put it this way... its like being in class, the teacher asks a question and though there are a couple other people with hands up, you are the most enthusiastic, like you are 110% sure and you are confident, so the teacher picks you, and you with all confidence you say your answer, just to be told you are wrong. That feeling is close enough to how it feels like to miss a penalty.
    You just go back to your seat, red-faced, knowing everyone is staring at you, probably calling names... bottomline.. just embarrassed.

Most Helpful Girl

• if only ozil had a GaG account loool

What Guys Said 5

• I remember when I was in the soccer league, I went to shoot a penalty, and I missed it... well, the goalkeeper stopped it, but still, I failed to score.
    We ended up tying the game, so it really sucked.

You feel bad, like you let the team down. Obviously in the pro-leagues, the feeling is much worse. But I'm glad Argentina missed those penalties, I wanted Chile to win.
    And I'm glad Messi missed his, maybe he feels bad and decided to pay the money he owes... xD

• It can suck, ah I've been there, and the same with other big moments in a match, you can feel bad about it. The best athletes don't let that affect them though, it's all about training your mind to think about it properly. Good athletes tell themselves they'll have another chance and that it's not the end of the world.

• It feels like when ur cure falls I can't name that feeling lol.

• Haha, I imagine you'd feel like a real spastic failing to score from 12 yards.

• Bad.

What Girls Said 0