What was the most useless course you had to take in school?

Whether it's grade, Junior High, HS or even college...

- Chemistry in HS as that'll never apply to anything within my major nor future.
- In college, I was forced to take another foreign language (I already know 3).

Most Helpful Guy

• Of the ones I was forced to take, it was either US History in HS, or the infamous two years of foreign language (plus my school only offered Spanish).

US History was completely unecessary because it was the same exact info we got beat over the head with in Middle School. Even the biggest dumbasses in our school got As in that class because they had been forced to re-learn the shit for like 5 years in a row.

In my school rulebook, I found out that I could take two years of Art (which I was going to take for fun anyway) to replace two years of Spanish. So i talked to the counselor about it, and he said that I could still graduate HS, but he emphasized that most colleges wouldn't accept me if I didn't have foreign language.

So I ended up taking two years of both Art and Spanish -__-

Most Helpful Girl

• Junior High (7th grade)
    - Changing me from music to a Personal Social class, where there were only about 12 students... just because I didn't speak to my classmates (well I was picked on everyday, called booger-girl/booger-face, ugly and no one wanted to speak to me).

Either way, music would have been useless too. How will learning about musical notes apply towards anything in life. Plus it's not like I'm going to be musician nor Singer.

Other stupid courses or subjects:
    - Algebra II (why should you continue taking another algebra course when all the topics should have been covered already?)

- Forced to read some boring books instead of encouraging students to read what they want (nearly two weeks discussing Hamlet and Romeo & Juliet)

- Teaching us Earth Space Science by allowing us to have copied handouts with the answers for every assignments and exams (including the mid-term and finals)

- Home Economics... all you ever learn was about making greasy cookies and literacy of carbohydrates and healthy stuff from a book. That's right... nearly 2-4 months of just making cookies. LOL

What Guys Said 13

• PE... it sucked. 80% of the stuff we had to was whack. I'd almost prefer to run laps in the desert heat than play Volley ball or basket ball again.

• Humanities

• For me, math and biology. I was a humanities and social science major, so I'm very happy to say **** math and biology!

• I accidentally took a feminism class thinking it was war history 😑

• I'd rather take the war history than a feminism class lol

• @LordBlakeh me too. It was a feminism class disguised as a war history class... I got tricked. And I didn't realize it until we watched a movie about women getting raped on the military and 1 of the people in the movie came in and was basically a man hater 🙄

• I took basket-weaving 101. Haha. It was only 1 credit. Lol.

• A three-way tie "Philosophy or nursing" "Multimodal Pedagogy" and "Principles of Feminist Thought."

• Advanced math courses, algebra, calculus, etc. What is the point! What in my lifetime will I need this information?

I suck at math and I just barely graduated high school by my neck hairs.

• I had to take a semester of Art. Totally useless.

• Umm... Can't think of one actually.
    Perhaps a couple more would have been great.

• English - Rhetorical Analysis.

Duplicate of Logic which I had already taken.

• No regrets here

• Woods shop class.. who needs wood shop classes anyway?

• Almost all of them is HS. I was only interested in business & the markets. None of them were offered.
    I use only basic math taught in grade school. NEVER needed algebra or geometry in my line of work.

What Girls Said 6

• The required US History series in college. I like history, but this was basic stuff I'd already learned to death in high school or read about on my own. The only interesting part was writing the papers, because I could do it on any interesting theses I wanted, but the mandatory pages and pages of notes on every chapter and other busy work was unnecessary. 😫

• Music and arts in high school.
    I mean, c'mon, I'm in a nature sciences class, I will never need to know arts or to sing in an acceptable way. 😑
    Also, these 2 teachers are insane and instead of raising our average by giving us 10's, they give long lessons then write a paper with us. 😐

• PE - I was fucking terrible at it and I still suck at all sports.

• Junior year of high school we had to take a class on "emotional health." It was the most bs class I've ever taken.

• Sound engineering lol
    We didn't do shit in that class.

• I've been forced to take a film class at my school which was pointless