Is there any legal action I can take if I can't get my money back?

for the past year i was going to a gym and for months they kept insisting my payment/membership is up at the end of the month of may 2016. its now June and they took money out of my account and are claiming im still under contract til 2017. I feel mislead all this time and also feel like they stole money for the month of June. Again Is there any legal action i can take if i can't get my money back?

Most Helpful Guy

• i think you should ask to talk to a manager and explain that you didn't want a recurring membership. you understand that it was part of the contract but perhaps in good faith they will reimburse you

legal action? i can't imagine that there is if you signed a contract that outlines the recurring contract AND i can't imagine any real legal action is worth the money of just asking them to consider removing the charge and then cancelling your member with the gym

What Guys Said 4

• Anyone can sue anyone, even if they are going to lose. I suggest you read your contract and see if you are under contract til 2017. If you are, then there may be a early termination fee. If your not under contract than you can take them to small claims court.

• Depends on the contract.

• Contest the charge with your bank. Have them try to reverse it as an unauthorized charge. also go back and read your contract to verify the error.

• Tell the bank to stop any payments to the gym. Then they would need to contact you to get the money.
    Re-read the contract. Some have clauses like you need to cancel the contract 6 months before it ends
    In some countries there are organizations which helps you in such cases (like customer protection organizations). Contact them

What Girls Said 0