Do you get nostalgic moments?

Do you ever get nostalgic moments? Why? What caused them? How do you end feeling?

Most Helpful Guy

• All the time. Especially when I look at large groups of friends and reminiscence of the times when I used to be part of such groups.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes.

Certain songs, places, phrases, photos.

The feeling just has to go away on its own, I haven't figured out how to shut it off.

What Guys Said 6

• No, NO, NO!! Those are 'FOND MEMORIES'!! You are legally not allowed to have 'Nostalgic moments' until after 35!!! It's a RULE, plain and simple!! :)
    "Nostalgic moments' are things that 'OLDER' people have, not young kids!!
    You just have 'Fond Memories'!!!

• Well I mean nostalgic moments of when I was like 6 or 7

• Awwww but I like the feeling of nostalgia. Its so happy and sad at the same time

• I've never heard of that rule before lol are you saying that because you yourself are finally over the age of 35? Your argument doesn't stand that strong because of the definition for nostalgia

• When I held an Xbox 360 controller it reminded me of my cod4 days back in 07, it felt nice

• Yup, when i hear a hammer hitting metal on an anvil, when i play medieval games or watch medieval movies i get real strong feelings of nostalgia, also when i watch shows or play games i used to when i was a kid, also when i am in a kitchen with a floor fan turned on

• Yeah same. I went to sooo many medieval events as a kid, still do actually, but back then it seemed so much better

• Lol yeah, until you realize everyones running around playing make pretend hitting each other with foam and wooden swords lol, but still fun, especially the SCA, i used to enter sword competitions there, would have moved up to the metal swords but the guy who we payed money to make our armor out of steel and chain ran off with our money, it was a lot too and the stupid cops didn't bother looking for him, said it would have been too much work finding the individual even though we gave them his info and number and address. I like using the long sword and broad sword but i always prefered war hammers, not those dinky ones but like the ones dwarves used to use, those big hulking ones, yeah it was hard to parry swords because its size and weight but it made it more challenging and made me step up my combat game, plus id use a short battle axe as my side weapon, not the ones that look like they cut wood but the big double bladed ones

• Yeah, the ones in the 90s had a lot more heart put into the events and get togethers, now it seems like they dont try very hard to be fun or accurate or interactive, i remember one my cousin went to, he tried the archery range, he put his left for armtoo close to the draw string as he let the arrow go, almost took the skin off his arm, have no idea why they didn't provide people with arm guards for that

• Mhmm sure do.

• Yes. And it feels so sweet and sad. Because you know those days are gone and they are just blurry memories.

• Yes places, sights, smells
    It's visceral really

What Girls Said 13

• ya often. somethin that reminds me of my past starts them then I binge on nostalgic songs, movies and shows.

• Yeahh
    I had many beautiful moments i the past
    I know that's not good but sometimes I can't help but close my eyes and try to think about those things in the past.

• Yes! Sometimes a song or movie can do it for me and before I know Im reliving the 90s lol, sometimes the early 2000s as well. Then after awhile I realize this is 2016 and Im sad lol.

• Hahaha yeah. I had this random moment eating toast randomly enough, my dad had brought apricot and ginger jam and that was the first time I had had it since I was like seven and I just remembered my old house living with mum eating that toast in the kitchen with sun pouring in through the window. It was such a random thing to get nostalgic about

• yeah, every night before I go to bed these memories eat me, every time the same question "what if..."

• Of course I do, generally because I'll see something that'll remind me of someone and it'll end up making me sad and I'll feel alone.

• Yes, especially with some songs and certain places. They just remind me of a different time, and there's no telling how long the feeling lasts.

• Only when I watch old shows and listen to throw backs

• Yeah. Mostly songs

• Yes I do, all the time.

• I do and hey make me sad

• Always about my high school I don't know why andI feel happy that I had those moments

• Yes , but İ 'm not remember

• Yes. Often. Probably a few times a day i have spurts of energy and inspiration to do stuff paint draw write etc.. I could go on.