Do you listen to audio books? And where, if you do?

I typically am alone by myself at work for most of the day, so I end up choosing audio books over music. Currently listening to the Zombie Survival guide lol

Bump
Final bump

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• I have Audible on my phone, I get a new book every month.

Love it.

• Does it cost something?

• Not much. It's great for bed because you don't need a light to read as you would with a book, and at the end of the day your eyes are tired, you just listen until you fall asleep then back up to the last place you remember the next night.

It's also great for roadtrips (I have bluetooth), much better than music.

• I think I paid $25 for a whole year. I get a point every month and I used that point to download a book.

What Girls Said 10

• No, but I want to get into them. :) Audible has a free month trial but I didn't like how you have to enter your card info in to get the free trial.
    Zombie Survival guide sounds cool :)

• At home on my bed when I am about to sleep!

• Yeah, when I go on walks. Enjoying the surrounding while listening to a funny story.

• I do, at home, generally when I am in my Jacuzzi relaxing, and sometimes when I am cooking. I use either Audible, or my Kindle. I am not currently listening to anything, but last time I listened to the Martian just because I wanted to see if it is really good to make the movie, and it was out of curioity because I generally listened to historical books, or autobiographies like the one before, for example, was about a Holocaust survivor.

• Yeah in my car.

• Sometimes on youtube I listen to audio books of novels I've read before if I can find any or I listen to poets reciting their poetry or lectures to help with study. (All of these as I'm either busy but don't want to be in silence so I listen very absent minded lol or when I'm falling asleep)

I know my mother gets audio books from the library and listens to the cd's while driving. (She drives a lot during the week) I didn't know they were even a thing you could get physically tbh.

• No. But I listen to podcasts. I just would rather read a book

• nope but I do listen to some lectures on youtube

• I don't listen to audiobooks

• No, because I can read.

• So can I but that doesn't mean I can't enjoy a good audio book too.

• When I read, I like to dwell on certain lines that speak to me or confuzzle me. I also read really fast so audio books don't work for me.

What Guys Said 12

• No I don't listen to audiobooks dude. I like to read by myself l

• YES. I am currently listening to my Bible app. It's because I have been too lazy to read the bible on my own so I follow along while this voice reads it for me.

I also like how the author reads in the audio book and it seems more genuine, like I am talking and listening to the author myself.

• No, I read the ones I want. I read fast so audio books wouldn't be a good option for me.

• Yup, the inheritance series, the harry potter series, King James Bible, the client, brahm stockers dracula, however his last name is spelt, lotr and a few others

• I haven't for a long time

• No. .

• No I don't. I've tried but I just keep zoning out. I prefer to read the content myself.

• I've never listened to an audiobook — I think I like reading too much for that.

• No, I don't understand it's appeal.

• nope

• I do it through my library online app

• Never done that but now I think about it.

• I find it better than listening to music. Provided you're doing something that doesn't require too much concentration at work.