How do I cash this cheque that I have received?

I have received a cheque for something and it has all their details on it however no where for me to put in my bank account details etc. Do I just place it in the deposit box at my local bank? It only has my name on it. How do I cash this cheque that I have received?

Most Helpful Guy

• It isn't crossed
    Either go to the First bank and cash it or give it to your bank and take the money.
    It may be void in a few weeks, thus don't keep it too long.
    For your own security, cross it: www.google.be/search

Then it can only be cashed through a bank account and becomes worthless if stolen.

What Guys Said 7

• Deposit in your own account, or if you can't you can walk into the bank it is drawn from with your ID and cash it there.

• What's the problem? Just go to your bank and tell them you'd like to cash this check, or that you'd like to deposit it into your account.

• take it to first bank they will cash it for free.

• Just take it to your bank and deposit it. That's a typical American check.

• It's a bearer's cheque.
    Visit the bank branch and encash it. I. e ask the bank teller sitting in the cash counter to give you the cash.

• At the la bank.

• You do not put it in the deposit box, that's for something else.

Either bring your bank book/atm card to your bank's teller, or if you use ATMs, go to a machine for your bank that can take deposits. The machine steps you through it.

What Girls Said 13

• If you Have a Checking Account, a Savings Account, then be Sure that with your own bank, They Allow you to Deposit it so it "Clears" for a few days. Every bank now has different Rules in Regards to Checks and so forth.
    No, I would Wait on Depositing it. See them First Inside.
    Good luck. xx

• - Endorse the back of the check.
    - Take it to the bank with a deposit slip from your checkbook or grab one from the branch you go to.
    - Write down your bank account number on that slip if need be.
    - Deposit your money into a checking or savings account.

• You just take it to the bank and tell them that you want to put it in your account.

• Go to a first bank and tell them that you need help.

• -go to the bank
    -tell them you want to deposit this check (cheque) into your bank account
    -hand them your bank information or required document
    -it will take up to 3-5 business days for the check to appear in your bank account

• You take it to the bank along with your paying in book, failing that your account details. They will process it and it will appear in your account a few days later.

DO NOT post it. You will lose it and have to apply for another.

• With my paying in book?

• I don't know about the US but in the UK you get a small book of bank slips for you to pay cash or cheques into your account with. Otherwise you should just be able to go to the bank with your account details and pay it in without a book.

• Take to bank they will tell you what to do if you do not know and they will know if the cheque is fake or not etc

• Where did it come from?

• A bank lol

• You go to the bank and make a deposit. Are you new to money?

• You take that check with your ID to your bank!

• Go to the bank and they would do the rest.

• Sign the back and deposit it.

• And how is that going to work when they do not have my details of my bank account? Hmmm.

• Your bank has details of you bank account.

Have you never deposited a check before? You can bring it to a teller at your bank and they can walk you through the process. It's pretty easy.

• deposit it at your bank.