Disturbing Visual Patterns?

I have been experiencing this since I was 5. Does any body else experience this?

I have this problem where if I look at certain patterns, I can't stand it. It feels like nails on a chalk board, times 5 (ironically though, nails on a chalk board doesn't bother me). I cannot stand metal-on-metal scrapping; the frequency haunts me. I feel like I am having a panic attack, and I think if I were forced to stare at one, I would either cry or pass out.

And it's patterns you wouldn't expect: things that are in tight clusters and usually perfect. I used to have problems taking bubble baths, and the cracks in the clouds used to bother me because they were hyper defined... I had a dream last night where a bunch of tiny circles were connect with six lines branching off, and it has disturbed me for hours. I feel nauseous...

I feel like it is something autistic people feel when they are over stimulated... but I'm not autistic?

Does anybody know what I am talking about?

Most Helpful Girl

• Welcome to the disturbing world of tryphophobia, my dear. It sucks you are gonna love it.

• Doesn't sound like trypophobia... although I do remember the first time I met someone who had that. (It was in a biology class, where we learned about those frogs that reproduce on their backs... yeahhhhh)

• Oh, when I tried to figure it out myself, I had thought i was the only one too but turns out there are a lot of people who has it so you are not alone haha.

Yeah I can imagine why you wouldn't like seeing images of human nervous system. It.. kinda makes one feel uneasy. Hope noone pulls pranks on you because of this. Keep it a secret haha

You're very welcome, I'm glad to help. :)

What Guys Said 3

• Im not worried bout many things visual, but i can say that the sound of nails and a chalkboard and cardboard boxes constantly rubbing together can drive me insane.

• I don't like looking at black and white stripes, especially if it is moving. it hurts my head

• Nope I can't say that I relate. Most everything is random with the exception of man made circumstances

What Girls Said 2

• What about this -- does this pattern stress you out?
    www.smithwalker.co.uk/wpimages/wp24618711_06.png

• No. It's not hyper defined. It has to be like tiny details.

• Hm. Are there examples on the internet? (Or would that obvious conflict of interest stress you out too much? If so, then, I understand, of course)

• It sounds like you have synesthesia. My former roommate had it and she would see colors when she read, taste things when she heard certain words, etc.