Guys, "Chivalry didn't die, chivalry was killed"?

"Men were already being taught to put ladies before them in 1950s but then femenism happened and most men don't give a fuck now and would rather not be chivalric at all and they have right to be because it's all about gender equality now and chivalry died when all this started and it is fair too because men aren't taught all that now and don't need to be because it's about equality. Chivalry didn't died, Chivalry was killed" -

How you feel honestly about this? I watched it on YouTube and I 100% agreed to it, Whyd they not be taught to treat men same way too but only women? Ill treat everyone equally and everyone can watch out for themselves. How do you guys feel about this

12

Most Helpful Guy

• Chivalry isn't dead, there's still lots of chivalrous guys out there. Being chivalrous is just being nice and appreciative, it doesn't mean putting a girl above you, that's being an idiot.
    It's true that many men have stopped being chivalrous because of women not appreciating the acts, like never saying thank you, taking you for granted, or wanting more and more, but I wouldn't say chivalry is dead, but women are responsible for the lack of chivalrous guys today.

• So if women started thanking you, would u go back to opening doors for them Pulling their chair giving them ur coat in bad weather?

• For everyone or just women? And why would you do thatz u dint believe in equality for everyone?

• I hold the door for everyone, cause that's what everyone should do. I don't pull the chair, cause I don't think it's necessary, and if there's bad weather, then yeah, I'd give her my coat if I'm wearing one.

I do believe in equality, but like I said, it's about being kind and appreciating the other person, not about equality.

What Guys Said 11

• I agree to some point but not completely. There are certain acts of chivalry that are old-fashioned and outdated in my opinion. For example if a woman wants to be modern and strong and independent, I don't see why I should adjust the chair for her or give her my coat and freeze off my ass.
    But there are other acts of chivalry that are also acts of general politeness and I think people should definitely keep doing them. For example I always try holding open the doors in public buildings for other people. I don't think it matters whether you're a guy or a girl, that's just something polite people do. When I lived in South Korea a few years ago, this was something that really pissed me off. You can go to a big mall in Seoul or a popular subway stop and people (especially young people) will literally let the door slam right in your face. They know that there are other people behind them but they just don't give a fuck about them. Although I thought Koreans a very polite in other aspects, this was very impolite for my western understanding.

And finally, I need to say that we also shouldn't judge women for "killing off" chivalry. I mean, let's be honest about it: the chivalry of the 1950s was always a pretty fucked-up deal: "I promise to always adjust your chair, carry your stuff, hold your umbrella etc. and in return you'll be my submissive wife who shuts her mouth when I speak, cleans up my shit for the rest of her life, raises the kids on her own and does everything I demand". That's like telling your friend that you'll buy him a beer if he eats your poop for the next 10 years. Men have always acted like their 1950s chivalry was super generous but the truth is: it was actually a pretty sucky deal for the women.

• chivalry has nothing to do with putting women before you... chivalry is dead because men aren't knighted anymore, which makes sense. why would you impose an elite military code on every day guys? we are not knights, we are not rich land owners. we removed aristocrats from power because the classes in society were unequal therefore chivalry is dead.

• So you believe in equality and not chivalry? Also would you go back to treating women in that "c*hivalric" way if they went bak to 1950s mentality

• i believe in equality. although chivalric codes of honor had at least one rule not to harm women and to respect them. but in wartime knights faced viking warrior women (there have been found graves of battlefields with female skeletons in them) these rules were forsaken. chivalry has been blown out of proportion. chivalry does not mean special treatment for women and neither does equality. people have removed aristocrats and all their values including chivalry from power because people were disgusted by the snobbery and elitism of the elite with their fancy ancient bloodlines and all their filthy incest.

some women cry for chivalry and knights in shining armor, but what they tend to forget is that this stems from a time where people did not choose who they married, people did not marry for love. if you want chivalry then you need to take everything that comes with it.

chivalry is gone because it means inequality between men and women and inequality between the snobs and the plebs.

• Chivalry has very little to do with how to treat women. It's a code of conduct for nobles, deals with things like courtly etiquette, as well as combat. There are only a couple things about how to interact with and treat a lady. A LADY, not a commoner, a bar wench, or a whore.

If women want to be treated like ladies, they should act like them. They won't.

Oh, and all men will need to be knighted, otherwise the chivalric code doesn't apply.

• So you'd go back to opening door for women, Giving them your coat in bad weather, pilling their chair and just putting them in first place if they start thanking you?

• So if they go back to thinking like in 1950, you'd start doing all those things for them again?

• There's a bit more too it than just saying thank you. One major bit is not fucking every thug, criminal, jock, and other scumbag they can get between their legs. You think women are going to give that up just men will offer their jackets?

Feminism has done more to free men than it has ever done for women. You should learn how things are better for men now and be thankful to the feminists.

• What if in 1950 rape was more common than now, sexism was far more vibrant and active, and women were generally treated as dirt and de facto property?

This romance with nostalgia is incredibly toxic. The romancing of eras is complete fiction.

• So that means you do believe in equality and not chivalry?

• I believe in something far more complex than the modern girls v boys ideas.

• I don't believe in one way chivalry anyway. I believe in both sexes treating the opposite sex with respect. Men shouldn't be slaves to women which if you ask me is exactly what chivalry is. Both deserve to respect and be respected.

• Killed. Opened the door for a chick last month. Chick tells me she can open the damn door herself.

BRB killing myself

• Shit, I still open doors for women all the time. I also pay for their food (ladies, I know you make your own money, but let your man pay) Honestly if the girl is right, you treat her like a goddess.

• So you do all that just for women and not men because you think women gotta be taken care of, guys like you screwed equality and killed chivalry lol and also remove that pic. You are very flabby and skinny haha.

• Lol dude I'm not trolling and not surprised neither, track guys are usually very skinny and small like u

• Let's see, in this picture I weighed 155lbs of solid muscle. I nearly had an eight pack. Those "ribs" you see are actually my obliques. My arms don't look "big" is because one is behind my back and my left forearm is covering the bicep. And this was all during the peak of my football season. 🤔

• I agree. Weak men and feminists killed chivalry.

• Dude who cares. Women can take care of themselves.

• Chivalry is a choice. It was never killed and it most certainly has not died. Sounds more like you've chosen to commit chivalry suicide.

• I just stopped caring all together

• Ok why?

• So you mean you do all that just to get somewhere with women?

• Nope, I mean being chivalrous does absolutely nothing for anyone