Why is killing deer allowed they don't bother anybody doesn't anyone else this its sick?

Most Helpful Guy

• population control. they have hunting season in my state in order to control the population of deer... in PA the deer population has at time been a big problem and trust me that is a danger to humans. i once pulled into my neighborhood and literally drove about 2miles an hour honking my horn while (no lie) more than 50 deer were all over the road and in people's yards

Most Helpful Girl

• Over population.
    If you don't live in an area with a deer problem, you wouldn't get it. They're annoying as fuck lol

What Guys Said 13

• Population control, when some species of animals spread their overpopulation can harm the ecosystem they live in, that is why some of them are deliberately "culled" to give a chance for other animals to compete in the food chain.

The most "efficient" species at surviving can completely outclass other species into extinction.

• You must not live in the country. I've had one deer collision (been involved in 2 others as a passenger) and have 3 or 4 near misses a year. If it was up to me, deer season would be all year long.

• Yes! We have hit 4 in about 4 years and almost hit them all the time. Crazy.

• In most places deer over population is a big problem, because humans remove deers' natural predators from near where we live.

• Population control. Plus their meat is soo good and very healthy. Its very lean.

• It's allowed cause it controls deer population plus provides food.

• FYI hunting deer for food is 1000x more humane than killing a farm animal for food.

• Cuz it tastes so good.

• Why can lions kill gazelles? They don't bother anybody. Doesn't anyone else this its sick?

• Overpopulation.

• Mainly because those that hunt deer actually use them for food.

• I like Deer and your right that people do it a little bit too often

• its funny

• I know it's stupid, we have a forest outside our house which used to have loads of deers but now we have none or they are scared to show themseleves because people kill them or hit them with a car.

• They actually start qualifying as pests if nobody kills them.

Beyond that, it's not illegal to eat meat. So why would we ban killing wild game while allowing factory farming? Deer who are shot lived far more humane lives than the average cow in a feedlot.

What Girls Said 6

• Because they taste good on the grill

• Because wtf else are you supposed to do to kill time in Michigan?

• People tend to eat them.

• They're cute and all but what's the big deal if you shoot a few.

• When done for sport it's evil.
    For survival cause you're starving not so much.

• Food?