Is the world going to hell?

I can't even put together a list of shit that happened since the start of this year. Just his month there was the Orlando massacre, the flooding in West Virginia and just hours ago shootings and multiple explosions at Ataturk Airport (Turkey's main international airport). I'm fearing for my life.

1|0
4|16

Most Helpful Guy

• "But Islam is a peaceful religion". Lol. Just kidding. I know how you feel though.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• How does the Orlando shooting signify " the world going to shit" thousands of people get slaughtered every day in this world. Noone is saying the world is going to hell when they get killed. Plus, I mean go back several thousands of years and live during the roman, greek times. Humans today could never handle the way of life during that time. When murder , rape, prositution, and slaughtering people was celebrated not shunned.

1|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 15

• This is a logical fallacy called the "anecdotal fallacy". The truth is that these kind of things have been happening for many years before. If you look at public shootings in the US for instance, you will see that they have been going on for a loooong time already. Sadly, people just forget about them very quickly. Just think of Columbine high school for example. That was in 17 years ago. But these things have already occurred even before that.

If you look at terrorism, you will find a pretty crazy fact: the rate of terrorism and terrorism-related victims has DECREASED over the past decades, not increased! People these days constantly talk about terrorism but the truth is that terrorism back in the 1960s and 1970s was MUCH more prevalent than it is now. In other words: your parents were much likely to die in a terrorist attack when they were young than you are now. The difference is only that terrorism in the 1960s and 1970s was more political and less motivated by religion. But frankly, if you get blown up in pieces, it doesn't matter much whether the motive was political or religious.

0|4
    0|0
  • You should be happy to be living in the safest period in human history. If you think it's bad today, imagine what it was 100 years ago... 200... 500... 2000...

1|4
    0|0
  • Why fear for your life when dying and death is completely unavoidable and inevitable any way? Regardless of what we do or don't do time catches up to us. No matter what we do, we still die eventually whether you believe it or not, accept it or not.

Once our time is up then it's lights out, forever.

Don't even worry about it, all the bad shit you see on the news are completely beyond your control.

Focus on what you can actually do, what you actually have control of or still have control of instead of constantly worrying about what you don't have any control of.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, I mean back in the day we only had to worry about the black death and the holocaust, peanuts really...

0|2
    0|0
  • the frequency of unfortunate events hasn't increased...

but the media has increased their coverage... everyone's a cameraman and everyone will see it.

0|1
    0|0
  • The world has been through a lot worse. Or did you mean humanity, yeah humanity has been fucked since the beginning.

0|0
    0|0
  • no its not, people have said this for thousands of years and we went through 2 world wars. our species is stronger than we are crazy so we are not gonna die out just yet.

0|0
    0|0
  • If Hillary wins, there'll be no stopping it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Oh yes it is. Especially with that imbecile running for president *points at Donald Trump*

0|0
    0|0
  • That's what they want. Fear.

0|0
    0|0
  • yeah, because it's infinitely unlikely the world would go to heaven.

0|0
    0|0
  • This year in particular has been bad because of what you said plus Russia, Brexit etc

0|0
    0|0
  • About 75 years ago there was a little thing called world war 2 where a mad man took over most of Europe, 60 million people died and over 6 million people were murdered in death camps.

If we managed to make it through that, I think we can handle the relatively trivial shit of floods and suicide bombings.

Pull yourself together.

0|0
    0|0
    • Trivial shit? Suicide bombings? Are you hearing yourself?

• There have been countless floods in history worse than the one in WV, worse terrorist attacks in the past 15 years alone. And you think the end is neigh because of few suicide bombers and minor flood? Are you hearing yourself?

• Yep, welcome to the 21st century. Maybe someone will see the end of it...

0|0
    0|0
  • Don't give in to fear, fear controls you... instead just don't give a shit :) ... also stay away from religion, Its bad for you :D

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• no, how can the whole world go to hell. every year has tragedies, turn of the news.

0|0
    0|0
  • Probably.

0|0
    0|0
  • Probably, think It've been on that road for a while though, now it's just really going downhill

0|0
    0|0