Any tips with moving to a different city and starting new?

I've been in my city for majority of my life. I've been to California when I was little and lived with my dad for a short amount of time but I've mostly been in my current city. I'm sure everyones had a time where they HAVE to leave. I don't believe I can live in my city anymore. I see nothing here for me. No future. I'm taking one class right now trying to complete school. Trying to stay motivated. I'm trying to find a job but it's not working either. Right now I can't seem to be growing... I feel like staying in one place is killing me. I need to see new scenery and new things. I want to just drop everything and just go. Preferably California or Washington. I have no money and I know I will need a couple of thousands first before just jumping up and leaving. I have two puppies and I currently live on my own at the moment as well. I love traveling and seeing new things but being stuck here is killing me mentally. I can't even enjoy my city because it's all the same to me. Any tips for anyone that just got up and moved? How did you do it? What can be my first step? I'm desperate.. I'm scared but I'm ready to do this.

What Guys Said 2

• Doing the same thing. University in the fall when j find out I'll let I know

• Do you have work lined up?

What Girls Said 1

• Be open to new people and new experiment but be cautious people might try to screw you over since you don't know them or the area well.. but be open. Trust your gut, most of all.

• Right, absolutely. People can be like that. I do observe and I think Im pretty good on who tries to pull a trick on me or so. Any tips on expenses and jobs? Should I find one there first then go? Or hunt while there living off the thousands I saved?

• No no no! Keep your savings and build it! You always need a back up! Don't tap into your savings.. look at the area. Find an affordable, safe home (probably an apartment to start) and find jobs in the area. If you find a really good job then you want to have your house somewhat close to it. Get prepared and then go. Good luck! Anything else? I love to help.. (: