Whats the point of #SorryNotSorry?

I feel that people use it because they think that because they are saying sorry that it's okay. When on reality its the same as not saying sorry at all
πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜’πŸ™„

Most Helpful Guy

• basically means "imabitch"

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 9

• To me it is a sarcastic thing.

• https://youtu.be/p73-30lE-XE

It's just a cool way to be rude and show you don't give a fuck about what you did.

• You're 14. How have you never heard of sarcasm? That's basically the staple of being a teenage girl

• Well obviously i know what that is, that was not my question so if all you're going to do is be sarcastic and not give a real opinion, than I would highly appreciate you not leaving a opinion

• The point is sarcasm. Literally in the answer 😑. Also expressing how people don't give a fuck

• 🙄👏

• It's saying 'sorry you're offended that I'm not sorry for what I said/did'

• The heck is that?

• Sorry not sorry is a joke on the internet, not anything sincere

• condescending remark.. nothing more

• Fun.

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 15

• I think its used when you think You should be sorry but you really aren't and wanna express that
    In real life you would Stress the story so that its clear classifised as sarcasm on social network you use that hashtag to Mark sarcasm and make sure the other know you aren't truly sry
    One Situation id use it
    You win a Match and afterwards tweet out to the losers: sorry that You lΓΆst #sorrynotsorry

• Sorry not sorry means they are sorry for not being sorry, really it's just a way of saying "I don't care"

• I think it's more sarcasm than anything else. I personally really dislike the phrase and I think it's overused.

• No people don't use that to say that they're sorry.
    It's more like a "You deserved this" "I have no regrets"

• It could be used when you're sorry that something happened, but at the sane time it's the persons fault too.
    Ex: Person is walking and bumps into you while eating ice cream> person drops ice cream on the ground
    "Sorry, not sorry"

• Yeah it means you're aware it is wrong but you don't really care. Its like its wrong but so right.

• There's no point, their literally apologising for not being sorry

• that doesn't make sense tbh

• I am not sorry for begin myself.

• You're sorry for not doing everything for them but not sorry because it isn't your job.

• Yeah, when someone says "Sorry this sounds rude, but...," you know they aren't actually sorry.

• They just want to be sarcastic and rude

• Its ironic. Thats why.

• It supposed to mean that they should be sorry and they know they should be, but they're not.

• It just makes it more fun and relevant I guess.