Which Would You Choose If Time Travel Were Possible?

• Witness, Any Moment In History For As Long As You Live.Which Would You Choose If Time Travel Were Possible?
  • Change, One Thing And Never Time Travel Again.Which Would You Choose If Time Travel Were Possible?

Most Helpful Girl

• This is a Private Opinion
    Only the asker and the opinion owner can view it. Learn more

Most Helpful Guy

• Time traveling to "alter history" is way too dangerous! I'd rather watch past events, and record them on a good modern camera, then bring the footage back to the public.

• That would be so crazy to see the 17th century or something in HD. I can never picture the past as anything but blurry sepia.

• @Moo3000 that's why we should do that! 😊

What Girls Said 18

• I'd like to reserve the right to "Change, One Thing And Never Time Travel Again." for the future.

:] Like a "Get out of Jail Free" card in Monopoly. You just NEVER know.

• There's so much suffering, the pressure to save 1 being from feeling anguish, it would be so high-it's like, do you help one or help none.
    I would be frozen on that, so, I would probably just go witness a bunch of things.
    I'd probably become an author and write about everything I saw.

• That's really hard to pick. If I haven't done that one thing in my life, that gnaws my heart from inside, I would definitely choose the 1st one. But if I had a chance to change that one thing from my "dark" past, I would not think twice and change it. That would be such a relief!

• I'd become a detective and go back to witness crimes so justice can be done.
    First stop, Steven Avery.

• I would choose to change one thing. I don't need to repeatedly go back in history. Sure that would be cool to witness, but it would even cooler to be able to make a change for the better

• Change nothing! Just time travel

• NEVER MESS WITH A TIME LINE! That could fuck up the future really badly and is best to just watch.

• Witness everything... I don't think I'll be able to choose what to change, and also, I don't think I could change anything without knowing if the consequences would be better or worse.

• *aggressively makes TARDIS noises*

• change one thing.

• I won't alter anything, I'd rather just enjoy different time periods

• B but I wouldn't change one thing for myself, more like one thing for humanity

• Change one thing and never time travel again.

• Choose A cause it might actually be possible

• I'd change one thing. It'd be awesome to know I went back in time for a worthy cause.

• I'd rather watch moments then change something. I might eff up something for myself and be screwed!

• Change something for the better, as I have made a lot of mistakes.

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Guys Said 46

• B, definitely.

Although I haven't exactly figured out what that would be. Maybe I'd go as far back in the very beginning, before homo sapiens came into existence. I would want to figure out how to change their aggressive, greedy, and corruptness (is that even a word? nm I'll just google it) and all those other bad things which led to the way the world is now. Although I expect it to be impossible since it's in our nature to destroy ourselves.

Or I'd have to figure out a way on how to upgrade, enhance, and evolve them differently and substantially, so there isn't a world that is the way it is now, well it will probably be a completely different time stream and timeline anyway.

I either figure all of those things out and recreate a reality or timeline of some kind that is an utopian paradise of sorts or I'd die trying, that is if I could ever go so far back into the past in the first place.

• Well, I said "Witness any moment for as long as you live," because changing the past gets pretty screwed up theoretically, and you cannot expect a good deed in the past to be perfectly best for everyone in the long term.

Now witnessing any event in history might allow you to observe fundamental knowledge about forces, planet and star formation, etc, etc. Or it might allow you to see if Cleopatra or Helen of Troy were really so beautiful. Truth be told, rumors of their beauty are probably greatly exaggerated. If your the monarch, people exaggerate.

If I wanted to change something, I'd take Louis Pasteur's discoveries (Vaccine, Antibiotics, Pasteurization, sanitation) back to about 1600 BC, and tell everyone how it works, and tell them to stop following false prophets who got lucky once in a while. Give them the Rabies Vaccine, Polio Vaccine, and Meningitus Vaccine, and Jesus' False Apostles are out of a job for life.

• I have to vote A because I am cursed by being a Star Trek fan and am acutely aware of the Temporal Time Directive basically if you interfere with the timeline you change the future. An extreme example is go back and kill Hitler as a young man, seems like a logical move but what if the economic and social strife got so bad it allowed a series of Hitler like dictators to come to power who allied to take over the world winning World War 2.

• Just one jump to 2018 , the time to buy a few financial newspapers.
    After hat you won't hear me asking you anything more.

• Hmm the results of this poll are really interesting. Just look at the differences between the males and females' choice. :o Looks like dudes have more regrets about the past than girls do, lol!

• "You might not change the past, but you might learn something from it."
    - Alice Through the Looking Glass

• Knowledge is more powerful then actions in this case. Besides if you can only change one thing which thing would you change? Would you get a better grade in school? Would you perhaps forgo improving your personal life and perhaps kill Hitler? Would you try give technology to cavemen and hope that progresses science by a couple of thousand years?

Simpler just to accept our current history and instead start changing it from here on out.

• I'd love to witness the future as figuring out stocks to invest in would be ideal for the days to come.

• I would jump to a time before this dangerous post was made and contact admin to prevent it from being made. In doing so, I would have saved all of you all from the dangers of time travel and preserve the time space continuum... However, in using time travel to prevent your post, I may have destroyed you all anyway... sorry about that.

Signed ''From the future.''

• There would be no Clinton years. As such, no Clinton fortune, no NAFTA, and no sucky modern culture that the Puritans wouldn't even recognize or hold in common the most basic of principles with, today's America would seem a lot more late-mid 20th century.

• Witness, Any Moment In History For As Long As You Live.
    The human race regardless of whether i got back and get rid of one person will continue to create utter assholes.

• Visit any moment in history. That way I can write a book about it and make a killing. Yess I'm a greedy bastard 😎

• What do you mean by witnessing every moment? What counts as a moment? And "for as long as I live" implies that I am not time travelling but instead living eternally. Which is it?

But if I could time travel, I'd just go back in time and observe certain events and communicate with a few people.

• Witness the moment when a sexy blonde chick was orgasming for forever or
    Change my birth place from India to USA

• Witness, Any Moment In History For As Long As You Live. I'd go back in time and witness the creation of the universe, then everyone will finally know with 100% certainty how the universe started.

• Dude have you not read The Flashpoint Paradox?

Stop one murder of an innocent woman and its World War III

Time travel be damned

• Change? No! That will disrupt the time space continium. Remember what happened to Marty McFly? If we change history the skateboard will never be invented and Biff will be married to your mom.

• Witness, Any Moment In History For As Long As You Live. I'd open a real psychic store and make so much bank.

• Visit any moment in history, as much as I would like to change a few thing it all seems too risky and who knows how it would alter the future.

• B! I would arrange for Putin and Erdogan never to be born... so many problems avoided :D

• i would travel through time and document as much as i can so future generations can benefit from my time travels.

• Change one thing and never time travel again. Like rectify the biggest mistake that I've made in the history of my life and then permanently lose the time travel ability.

• Clearly B. I'd go back and win a massive lottery jackpot.

• I'd go back In time

• Well it was a tough, and thought provoking deliberation.

But I would go back to see who really built the pyramids.

• I'd go back to 4/25/2011. The best day of my life.

• Witnessing any event doesn't make a difference but changing something for the better is what i like to do.

• Probably go to the future at a point where they have immortality dna haha.

• Why only change the past when you can use the knowledge of the past to change the future? Even when there are bad things in my past I wouldn't want to miss what I learned from them and they are also what define my current me.

• I am a person who doesn't live in the past, so I would prefer to change one thing and then never time travel again

• More from Guys
    16