When voting for political leaders what issues do you tend to care about the most?

• Social Issues
  • Environmental Issues
  • Economic Issues
  • Domestic Policy Issues
  • Foreign Policy Issues
  • Other Issues
  • I don't care

Most Helpful Guy

• By and far I care about social issues the most. It just so happens that economic issues very much influence social issues, so I focus on both of those. particularity since I grew up in "the great recession" and heard nothing but how fucked the economy was for a decade.

I blame literally everything on capitalism. Our economic system is the cause of many issues: environmental, domestic/foreign policy, social, etc. Whatever it is, capitalism is fucking it up. Because it is centered on turning a profit: not how best to create society, not how best to live in this world, not how best to lower overall suffering. Human suffering means nothing to capitalism--it encourages only one thing: profit, greed.

Planned obsolescence. Creating things that are meant to break down, as a means to encourage consumers to come back and buy it again. That's exactly what capitalism is. Creating shit that is meant to cause suffering, then offering an antidote that you have to pay for every month. It is.

So yeah. Anything closer to anti-capitalism is my primary concern.

Most Helpful Girl

• I tend to focus more on social issues.

What Guys Said 27

• With this election just throw all of that out of the window.
    Since we fucked up a lot in the world our foreign policy needs to be re-vamped but even more importantly our educational system and economic and social issues even need to be better addressed.

• I find it's best to take a balanced approach. You don't run a government on one issue or set of issues.

That being said, my candidates must be:
    -Pro-life
    -Pro-Border Security
    -Pro-Gun
    -Pro America/Pro-Constitution
    -Pro-Nationalism

And I prefer them to be Christian and to oppose absurd environmental regulations as well as NAFTA type deals.

• At the moment economic. How anyone could care about social issues when the corporate elite is milking our pockets like a cow is beyond me. Ten years from now you are not going to care if gays can marry or Polynesians can smoke week; you're going to care about your job and keeping food on the table.

• It is probably a mixture of all of them but social issues usually get my blood boiling.

• All of the above except "I don't care" and this is primarily because most issues are interrelated.

• Economic issues are BY FAR the most important.
    Your opinion on abortion won't matter if you wake up the next morning and the dollar is worthless.

• I don't vote to begin with because they'll just go back on them. Like that whole NHS pledge from the Brexit dudes. Didn't they completely drop that within a couple of hours of winning or something?

• Economy mostly. So long as the politician doesn't mess up everything else than I don't care.
    Social issues should never be the priority. Gay rights don't matter if no one has food on the table.

• I don't vote. We were told not to vote by our founding fathers because they warned us that a 2 party system like we have now would destroy the country. And whatya know? They were right.

• I just wish we could get some candidates capable of rational thought instead of the jingoistic idiots we are presented with...

• Social and environmental issues the most but the rest are important as well.

• All of them, they're all important.

• Economic. All other issues can't be handled properly without a healthy economy.

• Its combination of different issues, at any given time there could be issues that become more important, that's how politicians are able to take advantage of that. Economy, Foreign Policy, Health Service etc all matter.

• You should have put Taxes, that's a big one for people.

• That would be part of economic.

• Can't be super specific with a poll that only allows you 7 options. I'd say that goes under economic issues.

• you're right asker, 7 options is already pushing it.

• Economic, domestic and foreign policy are my main focuses

• I no longer care. With the way caucuses work and the electoral college my vote doesn't mean dick.

• Economic

• Voted 'economic', but I think that and foreign policy are equally important.

• whether or not they are liars.

• All of the above really, they are all important, I would include health issues as well.

• liberty

• I just vote for the lesser of 2 evils which this election means anyone but trump.

• an option for Security issues is not on the list. WHY?

• Not enough options.

• what is more important than Security issues

• The issues of them not being COMPLETE IDIOTS.

• Foreign Policy and National Security... period. if we really all dead, then we can't even start to think about economic or social issues. Let's protect our security first, then iron out the other issues. Second, should be the economy because that's what contributes towards jobs and income for every individual. Domestic, environmental, and social issues should be left up to the state governments and legislatures.

• I typically vote on economics, unless the people with sensible economics suck up to socons in which case I get depressed and stay home on voting day.

What Girls Said 8

• Social and environmental issues are my priorities, but all these types of issues can influence each other.

• Social issues>environment (understanding science is important to me)>domestic policy>and the others. But they're all extremely important. But a candidates stance on those 3 is a good indicator on if I would vote for him.

• Previously it's been economic issues but this year it's social issues.

• Everything is important to consider and I think it is always best to explore all of their proposals. However, I always focus mostly on those that i take more interest in or may directly influence me. For example, for both the sake of myself, at university, and my niece, soon to start school, education is high on my list. And alongside a future career in the criminal justice system, I take a strong interest in the CJS and how offenders, victims, institutions are effected by any policy changes.

• Both equally, environmental and economic issues.

• Economic and social. But really, social issues isn't that big of a deal when you think about all the shit that's happening now :/

• All of them. I want someone who will stop terrorists as well stop the Bull Sh** with people trying to take away womens rights.

• Honestly I just care about my own interests. For example, I'm in the military. So I'm going to root for whoever seems super patriotic and pro-military. Because I like money and I get mad when people try and take my money away.