For those who are European, could you name US states on the map?

• Yes, I know the US map.
  • Barely.
  • No, I don't know US geography.

Most Helpful Girl

• 49/50

Dang, forgot Wisconsin for some reason.

Still. Would probably do much worse if I had to name all European countries, despite being European 😂 Used to be too obsessed with the US, so I do know the states by their names, pointing out every single state's location would be WAY harder though.

Most Helpful Guy

• I got 100% and I had 3:29 seconds left. It took me longer cause I kept having to correct my spelling.

What Girls Said 18

• 70% - 35/50
    Had a real struggle with the spelling though, was pissing me off so much. 😂
    Only ever been to California. Most of the places I've heard of are from TV series/movies and documentaries, or few Americans I know.

• I'm not originally from America, but I studied the states SO HARD whenever I was younger just in case they asked me questions like that at the embassy...
    50/50.
    The problem is that I hardly know the capitals lmao.

• Why study without learning the capirals lol?

• I studied the capitals as well, it's just that I forgot them.
      It took me years to know all 50 states lol

• Capitals are generally bonus points on tests, no one considers knowing all of them important unless you are a politician or geography teacher

• 46/50 how tf do u spell whyoming wyoming

• Wyoming
      If a name is really unusual looking that is generally because it a word from the language of a local tribe

• @Waffles731 it got me stumped as well as the little east coast states

• I got 22. I need to learn more geography! But you know what they say, the best way to learn something is by doing it! Time for travel! I don't know Europe too well either! Haha

• I know some, but not all.
    More than Americans know about Europe, though... xD

• I thought this quizz was to find and name them, not just name them. o. O

• Sorry came across as thou you were American.
      I'm mixed Brit. You from Europe. I'm not as we are out of Europe lol.
      Although most of the younger generation voted to remain. I voted remain. But have to respect the demoractive population.

• I know tons about Europe :p

• Nope. I can do one or two like Texas (obviously :P ) but not the others.

• 43/50 had more trouble spelling them so didn't have enough time to put the other 3 I know and and then the rest I didn't know

• I think I can. At some point of course I don't know it all

• i barely know lol

• I know the whole map haha

• 48/50 , I forgot Delaware >:( and didn't know how to write Pennsylvania (oops) the rest I got right... It would've been harder if I had to locate the states on the map myself.

• I used to know the location of all 50 states, but now I've forgot it all. It's been 9 years since I've memorized the US map.

• Americans couldn't do that lol

• I got 40 out of 50. I had a hard time trying to spell Massachusetts and Oklahoma, haha.

• I got 22/50. Pretty shoddy really.

• Just the most popular (new york, texas, hawaii, alaska, california, florida) I only know that. We don't learns US state in France

• 31/50
    62%
    not bad I think

• Nope lol. Do you know how many people don't even know NY isn't your capital? How can we know the map lol.

What Guys Said 24

• I got 35 out of 50. I must admit I have practiced a bit. I did not know that many when I first started practicing.

• Now I just got 45 out of 50.

• I know Europe and the states of the USA really well.

• I only know Europe 100%. I only know about half of the US states as of now.

• Yes, I love geography, so I'm pretty positive I can name all the US states correctly.

• Okay, I just did the quiz and I got 47/50. I missed Connecticut, Delaware and Missouri. I think that's still acceptable though ;-).

• Nice job man.

• I am at 35. What do I get?

• 0|1
  • i can name a few but not all but then again i have met plenty of americans that can't even tell where my country is or even know it as a country at all :P

• You mean Americans don't know where the UK is? I mean, I'd understand people not knowing where my country is, but the UK?

• @Applefan1
      We treat tourists really well,
      We even treat the french ones well even though they mostly act like severe assholes

• @Waffles731 and @TheAngryBanana New Zealand treat tourists and people coming to visit really well as well. This kind of stuff that is going on in Australia just does not happen in New Zealand. New Zealand people do not do that kind of stuff to people.

• I do have a EU passport so EH I can play.
    50/50.
    The northwestern states are hard tho. They don't appear on the news very often.

• You know, when I was a kid I played a quiz board game full of general knowledge questions. Every single fucking question was about American media and American geography, so I never got any points.
    Most of the cartoons I watched were American, talking about American media and American geography using American measurements and terminology. I didn't even realise that I was British until I was around 6 years old.

• 41/50

6 out of the 9 i missed were in that cluster in the north east.

• a couple like NY, California, Texas, Hawaii or Washington. I know many by the name, but putting them on the right location is quite difficullt. I doubt I get even half of them right

• Honest time. I don't know them.
    There's no way i can get most of them right on first try. Too many...

• I got 74%.

Surprisingly I got all the little North Eastern States including Delaware, Maine and Rhode Island.

Had to look up the spelling of Massachusetts though :P

• got all 50 states and i still had 5 minutes and 32 seconds left on the counter (dude i may be french but i lived in New York for 6 years, from 6 to 12 years old : 2000-2006)

• Barely I know some of them. The cluster at the bottom the Northern states become confusing. States around California are easy, border Nevada, Arizona and Oregon. Texas stands out too. New York, Philadelphia, Florida etc.

• Here's my result (I'm Belgian).

https://i.imgur.com/vNopKjQ.png

• Nah I' from America and only got 20 states, even though I really should of known all of them

• I'm from the U. S. and I forgot Delaware and New Hampshire lol...

• NEW Hampshire... ffs, I was typing Hampshire and getting well annoyed it wasn't right...

• I'm sure they can

• I named them all but I'm an American

• Not all. ..

• Got 12%, pretty decent for a guy that doesn't know shit about the U. S. 😋

• I got 30 out of 50, not bad for an Aussie I guess :D

• I'm Canadian not European but tried anyway. Was in high 40s when I ran out of time.

I'm sorry I forgot you Delaware.

I learned that I did not know how to spell Massachusetts or Connecticut.

• I got 43. But this damn spelling like "Mississippi", "Pennsylvania" or "Massachusetts" consumes at least one minute.

• I was going to ask this yesterday xD Actually I wanted to see ask americans too, I'd like to know if any americans know all the states..

Anyway no I don't know the states. I know some state names though most I haven't got a clue where they are. And I know some names of places from films and such that I'm not sure if they're states or cities

• If you do ask it, send me the link. I want to know as well lol

• Yeah if I ever get round to it, I'm always lazy to ask questions :P
      I did the quiz, got 7/50